The War In Mexico Was Between The United States And Mexico (Movie Review Sample)
Please write five paragraphs of reflective writing. You may use the following:
1. Lecture notes
2. The American People textbook, chapters 1 to 4
3. The Annual Editions book, any article in Unit 1
5. The Invasion of Mexico documentary and the Salem Witchcraft Documentary
Click here to watch a documentary about the invasion of Mexico. (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
Click here to watch a documentary about the Salem Witch Trials
The war in Mexico was between the United States and Mexico that started in 1846 up to 1848. The movie invasion of Mexico directed by Jim Lindsay highlights the nature and outcome of the sixteen-month conflicts that transform the continent. The movies begin with border dispute that soon resulted in a 16 month war; the documentary series explores the events that resulted in the dispute between the US and Mexico (JLFilms, 5).
The movie highlights issues of land, power, and identity. Mexico lost half of its territory, but the outcome of the war transformed not only the two countries, but it also shifted the balance of world powers shaping the destinies of these nations (JLFilms, 7). The movie four segments presents issues, including neighbors and strangers, wars for the borderlands, the hours of sacrifice and the fate of the two nations. The director analyzed the conflict from both sides presenting historical scenery filled with unforgettable characters like the Mexican president, general Zachary Taylor and Winfield Scott (JLFilms, 3).
In any war, both sides are always affected be it long term or short term. Even though the US acquired half of Mexico, it was at the expense of its citizens because the border dispute resulted in civil war. Mexicans were forced to think about how to recreate their country. Analyzing the documentary gives us important knowledge about history and helps us explain the present and learn from the past.
Similarly, Salem witch trials movie, directed by Joseph Sargent present historical events in Salem. Salem witch trials are series of hearings brought before the county court to persecute individual known to be practicing witchcraft (Allison, 11). The movie depicts what happened in places like Massachusetts in the 17th century showing how witchcraft practices was condemned and people were persecuted without fair trials. People lived in fear; they were cautious in their words and actions.
The movie begins with fire and a woman losing her th...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Relationship Essays
- Plagiarism Essays
- Poems Essays
- Identity Essays
- Vaccination Essays
- Death penalty Essays
- Cold war Essays
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to civil war:
- Republic of Angola: A Country in Southern AfricaDescription: These lead the way to the origin and developmental stories of the state that continues to write itself as each year passes....6 pages/≈1650 words | 5 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Reaction Paper |
- The Reasons Underlying Failed States Research PaperDescription: In this paper, we are going to highlight the factors leading to failure of states; more particularly in the developing countries...6 pages/≈1650 words | 7 Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Research Paper |
- QLS US History - Fog of War Essay Writing AssignmentDescription: What is the concept of proportionality in warfare, and to what extent, if at all, should our country consider this as a guideline in war?...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | APA | History | Essay |