The Movie Chungking Express Directed by Wong Kar Wai (Movie Review Sample)
watch the movie "Chungking Express" directed by Wong kar wai.
The papers will have three basic parts—
1) a brief (one paragraph) summary or overview of the film;
2) a one page analysis or discussion of a film in terms of what it shows about cultural life; and
3) your personal response or thoughts about the film.
Please write a bit deeper engagement with the cultural aspects and insightful view of the film.
Movie Review: Chungking Express
Summary or overview of the film
Chungking Express is a romantic comedy set in Hong Kong and follows alternating plot lines of a young police office cop 223 who has been left by his love interest May and meets a female drug dealer who seeks the help of Indian smugglers. Another police officer, cop 663 is also looking for love in modern day Hong Kong after breaking up with his stewardess girlfriend. Cop 663 normally visits Chungking Express to buy at the fast food joint and meets Faye a nonconformist waitress. Both officers are broken hearted and the stories are linked through the themes explored and the location where the stories unfold. Cultural life
Hong Kong differs from mainland China and this is evident in the way of life of the Hong Kong People where East meets west. The movie is set in the territory, where there are fast food outlets, drinking places and western music. There is blending of cultures such that the Hong Kong People are not out of place speaking Chinese languages and English. Cop 223 is fond of buying cans of pineapples, and this is an aspect of American consumerism, while his ex girlfriend ditches her blond wig later on. It is as though the lady used western clothing styles to conceal h
- Movie Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter…and SpringDescription: A one page analysis or discussion of a film in terms of what it shows about cultural life; and your personal response or thoughts about the film. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Movie Review |
- Bicycle Thieves: Father-Son Role in The Post-War RomeDescription: Bruno is an innocent observer to his father but his facial expression tends to change the feeling of the viewer (De Sica)...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Movie Review |
- Empire of the Air by Ken Burns PBS Documentary Writing AssignmentDescription: Describe ways through which the three men benefited financially from radio technologies? A company was formed. What was its name? What did the company do?...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Communications & Media | Movie Review |