Philosophy in film. Visual & Performing Arts Movie Review (Movie Review Sample)
EACH RESPONSE NEEDS TO:
1) have a title
2) answer the question.
3) bold main claim (otherwise known as a thesis)
4) have a beginning (introduces the text you are writing about and the topic), a middle (the
bulk of the paper where you make an argument), and an end (where you tell me what you
5) analyze at least one quotation from the text.
6) cite quotations properly (Plato, Republic, 430a2).
7) be broken into multiple paragraphs that communicate a thought and build on each other to
argue for your claim. This should look like a mini-paper.
8) be no longer than 400 words.
9) reference readings and the film.
Movie: John Ford, The man who shot liberty valence.
Reading: Aristotle, selections from Poetics
How does film create plot (use Aristotle’s account of plot)?
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance
1962 was a remarkable year for movies. Two years ago, in 1960, a theater in Los Angeles held a retrospective of 1962 movies known as The Greatest Year in Motion Picture History. A good number of high-quality movies were released both in Europe and America.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- MGT360 Leadership Development Plan Part I. Business & MarketingDescription: Being a leader is not easy. It takes courage and patience to make a good leader. In my life, I have had several instances where I have demonstrated leadership. In one instance, I was appointed the leader of a discussion group some time back....4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Wonders of Art, Wonders of Nature. Visual & Performing Arts CourseworkDescription: Meaning: Wunderkammern means cabinets of curiosities. It is a room rather than a furniture item or is an object that belongs to natural history, geology, archaeology, historical relics, ethnography, antiquities, and artworks....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Coursework |
- News on Conoravirus in Boston. Communications & Media ArticleDescription: It is safe to assume that the decade has not started in the best of state with the Coronavirus threatening to become a serious global epidemic. There have been more than 17000 reported cases of the diseases and about 361 people confirmed dead in China as a result....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Communications & Media | Article |