Philosophy in film. Visual & Performing Arts Movie Review (Movie Review Sample)
Surrealism: Investigating Reality
Movie : o David Lynch, Mullholand Drive
Reading: o Nelson Goodman, “The Way the World Is”
Reading: o Maurice Merleau-Ponty, “Film and New Psychology”
Question: Does film represent the way the world is?
EACH RESPONSE NEEDS TO:
1) have a title
2) answer the question.
3) bold main claim (otherwise known as a thesis)
4) have a beginning (introduces the text you are writing about and the topic), a middle (the
bulk of the paper where you make an argument), and an end (where you tell me what you
5) analyze at least one quotation from the text.
6) cite quotations properly (Plato, Republic, 430a2).
7) be broken into multiple paragraphs that communicate a thought and build on each other to
argue for your claim. This should look like a mini-paper.
8) be no longer than 400 words.
9) reference readings and the film.
Please remember mentions the reading. The reading is more important than the movie.
The focus point should be the reading, DO NOT repeat the movie plot.
Film Representation of the World
Films are often used as a medium to depict reality. The film by David Lynch “Mullholand Drive” focuses on two protagonists, Betty and Rita, who are trying to locate the real identity of an unknown person and clues to an accident that resulted in Rita getting injured (Mulholland Drive). Even though the film is a mystery or drama, it is still realistic since the occurrences are something that can be expected in life, such as dreams and trauma.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Supply Chain Plan Part 2. Materials Requirements Planning. Management EssayDescription: A robust MRP will provide detailed and rich information that the company can use in such core functions as decision-making in management operations, planning, and production, and thus improve the overall efficiency of the company (Ke, Chen, Chen, Wang, & Zhang, 2020). ...10 pages/≈2750 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Case study 1. Calculate the client's target heart rate using the Karvonen formula.Description: Discuss the fitness tests or methods of evaluation that should be used to assess the client, providing the rationale for your recommendations. Be sure to address the specific conditions presented by your client....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- FAH205 Art in Antiquity. ROM VISUAL ANALYSIS ASSIGNMENT Description: Visual analysis is an assessment of the formal elements of artwork in terms of its visual attributes that include color, texture, and size. The analysis involves placing the artwork in its historical context and using the information to construct the meaning....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |