Philosophy in film. Jeanne Dielman’s Exemplification of Realism in Cinema (Movie Review Sample)
Realism (II): Transparent Reality
Movie: Chantal Akerman, Jeanne Dielman, 23 Commerce Quay, 1080 Brussels
Reading: Stanley Cavell, The World Viewed, selections
Question: How does Jeanne Dielman exemplify the realism of cinema?
EACH RESPONSE NEEDS TO:
1) have a title
2) answer the question.
3) bold main claim (otherwise known as a thesis)
4) have a beginning (introduces the text you are writing about and the topic), a middle (the
bulk of the paper where you make an argument), and an end (where you tell me what you
5) analyze at least one quotation from the text.
6) cite quotations properly (Plato, Republic, 430a2).
7) be broken into multiple paragraphs that communicate a thought and build on each other to
argue for your claim. This should look like a mini-paper.
8) be no longer than 400 words.
9) reference readings and the film.
Jeanne Dielman’s Exemplification of Realism in Cinema
The film Jeanne Dielman, 23 Quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles, provides a way to understand meaningful life experiences through the actions portrayed by the character. It covers the protagonist’s daily life and complexities and conflicts that arise (Morton). Realism arises in the film due to the believability of the events and characters. Jean Dielman’s exemplifies realism since her actions represent occurrences in real life.
- Philosophy in film. Visual & Performing Arts Movie ReviewDescription: 1962 was a remarkable year for movies. Two years ago, in 1960, a theater in Los Angeles held a retrospective of 1962 movies known as The Greatest Year in Motion Picture History. ...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Movie Review |
- CSCL/SCMC 1201W-001. Visual & Performing Arts Movie ReviewDescription: Get out film is a peculiar film about occasions that happened to a man named Chris after visiting his girlfriend’s parents. It is an American horror movie directed by Jordan Peele....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Movie Review |
- CSCL/SCMC 1201W-001. Visual & Performing Arts Movie ReviewDescription: The avant-garde artistic movement emerges during the interwar period and was a reaction against literature, art and the previous world, which represented Modernism....3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Movie Review |