Diversity Documentary Film: Culture And Diversity (Movie Review Sample)
This assignment gives you the opportunity to explore the culture and diversity of our world through a video clip or film that you select. YouTube and Films on Demand but you may also use other media resources.
You may choose to watch a video/film related to one subject (e.g. a particular cultural/diverse group), or to the topic of cultural diversity/cultural sensitivity. You should view a documentary (i.e. a work of non-fiction. -- No “Hollywood” story).
The video doesn’t have to be way too old for example 1900 something cultural doesn’t have to be medical. If you have any question let me know.
The total time duration of the video/film must be at least thirty minutes.
Your paper should be word-processed, double-spaced.
For the film/video clip you watch, provide the following information: then answer this question
1. Name of film, complete web address, and time duration.
2. Provide a comprehensive description of what you watched – what was shown in the film?
3. Discuss: What did you find particularly informative or interesting in the film? (2-3 points)
4. Give one recommendation for how the film could be improved (e.g. a change, addition or deletion).
CULTURE AND DIVERSITY
LITERATURE & LANGUAGE
The name of documentary is “Diversity Documentary film”. It was published by Canadian Youth Interfaith Network.
The opening statement of the documentary is that the indigenous people have the strongest connection with land as tends to change slowly. It follows that is a fact of life not to agree on the theological difference but it is also important that we learn to be more tolerant towards others. The information presented in the film is delivered through interviews of various people, belonging to different religions and ethnic groups. The film is divide in three segments. In the first few minutes, it reflects on the present day situation of the young generation, in the second segment it shows that it important to be religiously tolerant in order to preserve the diversity of Canada and in the last segment it discuss why the youth faces challenges and what should be done accordingly.
It is presented in the film that with the rapid technological advancement, it is difficult for the young generations to focus on one thing. The young generation is busy in their daily life that they do not have a moment for themselves. They constantly live in fear of what is in their head (Pereira, 2010). The children of this generation do not talk to the older generations (Worley, 2009). Individuals are more concerned with their reputation than their character. Although the challenges presented to young generation is different but it doesn’t reflect any affirmatio
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- Verbal/Non-verbal messages and Gender/Culture Effects Communications & Media EssayDescription: Modern Family is a mockumentary sitcom that made its firsts premier on September 23, 2009, on ABC. Since then, Modern Family has won the attention of audiences from all over the world. Entailed in this paper is a discussion of how Modern Family uses verbal and non-verbal communication...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Communications & Media | Essay |
- Organizational Structure and CultureDescription: This paper describes the corporate culture concept and organizational structure of the organizational structure concept of the case ‘'Keeping Google Googley.’’...1 page/≈275 words | 20 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Case Study |
- Patient Safety Culture And Health Care EthicDescription: Entailed in this paper is a summary of two articles whose focus is on programs that were established to enhance patient safety and how the nurses deal with ethical issues....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Coursework |