Nixon’s China Game History Movie Review Research Paper (Movie Review Sample)
Provide 2 page review of major arguments, portrayals, and conclusions made in the film. The review should address the following questions.
Nixon’s China Game: DVD 9460 https://www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=tv29UF4IL4w
1. In the documentary, what were Nixon’s and Mao’s motivations for seeking US-China diplomatic normalization?
2. What were some challenges Chinese and US officials faced in their attempts to achieve successful Nixon’s visit to China?
3. At their meeting, why did Nixon tell Mao, “As a rightist, I can do things that leftist politicians can only talk about”?
4. What is your personal impression of the film (quality, message?)
Your review mentions US/Nixon's motivation for seeking normalization with China. But What about China/Mao's motivation? What was China/Mao's motivation for seeking normalization with US? This was not mentioned in your review. Also were there incidences before, or during Nixon's visit to China, that caused problems for US/Chinese officials trying to organize the visit?
Nixon’s China Game
Nixon’s China Game
In the documentary, what were Nixon’s and Mao’s motivations for seeking US-China diplomatic normalization?
The primary motivation for Nixon and Mao’s pursuit of diplomatic normalization was to improve the cultural contact between the two countries. Besides, Nixon’s inspiration was to establish plans for a permanent United States trade mission in China (Kenneally, 2017). Both leaders wanted to prevent the division and control of China by Russia. Additionally, Nixon and Mao’s motivations for developing diplomatic normalization ease the trade restrictions that barred each country from trading freely. In this case, Nixon and Mao intended to create an open trade policy. In the 1960s, China was experiencing a changing security crisis. Therefore, an improvement in American relations seemed most plausible for both Nixon and Mao.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to movie essays:
- Harriet(2019), The Movie Literature & Language EssayDescription: When it comes to movies that are dedicated to appreciating the past legends, the movie Harriet (2019) scores big. Starring Cynthia Erivo, the movie finally has the appreciation of a woman who did so much when it came to the fight for freedom and human rights. Harriet Tubman ...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Watch this video on lucid dreaming. Psychology Movie ReviewDescription: Understanding both the mechanisms and importance of dreams is perhaps one of the most exciting topics in psychology. This is because dreams are one of the most common yet little understood phenomena in a person’s daily life. In the video by Orwig (2018), entitled “How Lucid Dreaming Works,...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Psychology | Movie Review |
- Assignment 2. Literature & Language Movie Review. Description: Understanding the importance of cinematic themes concerning historical events is important for any student. It allows him to be able to have a better image of what happened during the past, as well as critically analyze the accuracy of such films....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Movie Review |