Gran Torino Reaction Writing Assignment Paper (Movie Review Sample)
BE SURE AND ANSWER ALL THE FOLLOWING QUESTIONS IN YOUR ESSAY:
1. What argrument does the film maker seem to be making about U.S. American cultural values? Do you agree with the filmakers's perspective? Why/Why Not?
2. What are U.S. American Values?
3. Where have our U.S. American values gone? And Why?
4. Why does Walt feel closer to the culture of Hmong then his own family?
5. What was your reaction to the film?
Clint Eastwood is the staring, and he is a bounty of cultural diversity which is met with opposition and bias from Walt Kowalski who is the main character. Walt's environment has changed, his wife has died, the relationship with his son is not cordial, and the memories of the Korean War makes him not to enjoy his life. Torino brings Thao, a teenager neighbor into his life when Hmong gangs pressures the boy to steal his 1972 Gran Torino. Walt stands in the way and prevents this from happening which makes him a hero. To make amends Thao's mother and her sister Sue insist Thao work for Walt. Although at first Walt did not want association with these people he eventually allows the boy to work for him thus fixing the neighborhood.
From the movie, the filmmaker shows that the American cultural values have been compromised. There is a division that exists between the white and black people ‘racism' and also gender harassment. I agree with filmmaker's perspectives about this values from the movie (Sáez-González, 2009). Black guys approach Sue and her friend ‘white guy'. The white guy calls the back guys brothers. The boys harass Sue physically and sexually, but she refuses to back down. Walt threatens to shoot the black guys, asks Sue to get into his truck and
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to memories:
- English Composition Assignment Paper: William Dean HowellDescription: During the twenty-first century, several wars were fought, and the devastating effects of these wars included psychological trauma among soldiers who returned after the war....2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Watch "The Brain-What Makes Me" And Answer QuestionsDescription: The secret behind the flexibility of young brains lies in the way the cells are connected. As the baby grows, the neurons connect more rapidly forming millions of connections every second....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Movie Review |
- A Narrative Essay About A Childhood MemoryDescription: Your introduction should have a thesis that shows your reader why your story matters. Why did you choose this story? what is its significance?...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |