The Financial Sector and the Economy Writing Assignment (Math Problem Sample)
Instructions: Using FRED (https://fred(dot)stlouisfed(dot)org/) download the corresponding data and graph using Excel. Make sure you used the proper type of graph. Include graphs in your word document with corresponding analysis.
1) Go to FRED and print a chart for the Mortgage-backed securities held by the Federal Reserve: All Maturities (MBST) in the US from Jan. 2003 until and including Dec. 2015, monthly frequency, not seasonally adjusted data.
Comment on the interesting features of this chart using concepts seen in class. In particular, point out to what you think are relevant changes before and after the Great Recession.
2) Stay in FRED and, for the time-frame 1991-2014 and monthly frequency (not seasonally adjusted), print out a chart of the Total Reserves excluding Gold of the following countries:
i) Saudi Arabia (TRESEGSAM052N)
ii) China (TRESEGCNM052N)
iii) Japan (TRESEGJPM052N)
iv) Brazil (TRESEGBRM052N)
Graph the evolution of each of these four variables and comment on any interesting features.
Put the chart or graph into Excel or Word when the instructions say print out.
The Financial Sector and the Economy
Mortgaga-Backed Securities (MBS) held by the Federal Reserve: All Maturities (Jan 2003-Dec 2015, Not seasonally adjusted data)
Between 2003 and 2008, there is no data recorded for the mortgage-backed securities in US. However, as from January 2009 to 2015, there is a rising trend (2009-2010), falling (2010-2012) and rising trend (2013-2015). The early 2000s saw the rise of default rates on subprime and adjustable rates for mortgages. The rise of mortgages followed by increasing rate of default led to low lending rate with many US households becoming indebted. The debt-disposable personal income ration came to over 127%. The wavy state of the nation led to unrecorded data. This economic scene peaked with the financial recession of 2008.
The post-recession period beginning 2009 saw strategizing of the gove
- Economics: Government Revenues Come From Total Income TaxesDescription: Describe the different instruments the Central Bank has to target the Money Supply and how such instruments relate to private banks and finally with the level of Savings and Investment in the economy....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Research and Describe The Total Cost of Ownership (TOC)Description: The production manager has asked you to purchase a replacement numerically controlled (NC) plasma-cutting machine for the metal fabrication shop. ...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |
- Math Problem Assignment Paper: Report of Gini IndexDescription: The low household income in Arizona stipulates that more household members share less income compared to those in Colorado. Thus, an indication that there are more poor persons in Arizona than they are in Colorado....3 pages/≈825 words | 6 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Math Problem |