Ballistic Pendulum Lab Report: Results and Conclusions (Lab Report Sample)
A lab report should consist of the following, each section beginning on a new page:
- Partner’s name
- Title of experiment
- Date due/date performed
Theory section -Physics theory
-Tell what you did
Data tables and graphs -Neat and complete
-Must be neatly done
-Sufficient to follow your work
Discussion of errors -Must be realistic
-Give % error
Results and conclusions -Report findings
The style manual you should use as a reference for writing your lab reports is A Writers Resource – A Handbook for Writing and Research by Elaine P. Maimon an Janice H. Peritz. This is the style manual adopted by the Center for Teaching and Learning at ISU.
Your lab instructor will fill you in on the details that they expect too see in your lab reports. Avoid plagiarism. Include a reference page if necessary. If you are unsure of what constitutes plagiarism we suggest that you look it up in your student handbook. If plagiarism is suspected, in any form, your lab report will be returned to you ungraded (no credit given) and may be referred to the Physics Department for further action. Generally any clear style of writing that is grammatically correct is acceptable although your lab instructor may require that certain stylistic conventions be observed. Lab reports are due two weeks after the lab has been completed over which they are assigned.
*(This is how to write my lab report please follow the instruction and don't write the Title page i'll do it and just use the text book for sources or references please don't use other sources it's very important you can use this web (www.bibme.org))
Also, see the attachment for the numbers and equations.
Name: Partnerâ€™s name: Date due:
The practical application of conservation of energy, specifically mechanical energy, and momentum conservation are brought into perspective in this experiment to help in the determination of ballâ€™s velocity during its ejection from a launcher. Two methods were used here. The first method involved measurement of the angle at each instance that the launcher was released. In the second method, the pendulum bob was removed and the ball shot from the table to the floor. The distance of inclination was then measured.
The first method applies conservation of mechanical energy and conservation of momentum in calculation of the velocity. The second method applied projectile motion is doing the same. The ballistic pendulum is a device that is used in the evaluation of a ballâ€™s velocity. It works on a very simple physical principle. A pendulum is formed by a wooden block of distinct mass suspended from a string. A steel ball of definite mass is then fired towards the block, in a horizontal direction. The ball will get embedded in the cage within the wooden block.
Determination of a projectileâ€™s velocity using a ballistic pendulum. Verification of the projectileâ€™s velocity through measurement of the projectileâ€™s range.
* The stopper was checked to ensure that it was perfectly set at the 0Â°reading.
* The launcher was placed and the ball loaded in it.
* The ball was then fired into the pendulum bob/metal block from the launcher.
* The angles were measured per each shot, and the maximum angle achieved by the pendulum bob was registered.
* This procedure was repeated several times and the readings recorded.
The pendulum bob was removed. The launcher was placed horizontally and the ball shot to the ground. This was done severally, approximately five times. The data from the vertical and horizontal directions was tabulated.
The mass of the ball = 0.65kg.
Length of arm=0.30m
The mass of the pendulum bob = 0.23.
- Self Control Intervention to Smoking Cessation Description: Tobacco use causes many avoidable premature deaths annually. For many smokers, quitting tobacco use is not easy...4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Lab Report |
- Carrying Capacity for the Population of SparrowsDescription: Leaving all parameters (figure 1) at their default values, the habitat being studied has a carrying capacity of 1,250 brown sparrows...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Lab Report |
- Lizard Evolution Virtual LabDescription: An example of a species that has been widely documented is the lizard genus Anolis from the Caribbean islands...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Lab Report |