1 page/≈275 words
Literature & Language
Properties of Egg and Cream in Ice cream (Lab Report Sample)
I need a page written on the properties of Egg and Cream in Ice cream. As for the specific properties of egg yolk protein, the major one we're dealing with/wanting to engage is lecithin, which is an emulsifier. Emulsifiers allow oil and water to mix together and stay in suspension. This adds resiliency to the suspension of milk fat in the cream mixture, which is easy to lose with agitation, and as the mixture freezes. Adding the lecithin improves the texture and the flavor of the final product, and the rest of the egg yolk components, particularly the fat, also add to rounding out the flavor. these are the ingredients in the recipe: Product: (Almost) Sugar-free “Chocolate-covered Strawberry” Ice Cream Ingredients: 1 Liter heavy (35%) whipping cream - $4.99 at CostCo, approx. $5.79 at Sobey's 8 eggs yolk - $3.89/18 count at CostCo 1 pound fresh strawberries - $4.99/pound, depending on week, Sobey's 4 squares Lindt 90% chocolate - $3.49/bar at Sobey's 1.5 c Splenda (or equivalent) - $7.99/275 g at Sobey's 2 tsp pure vanilla extract - $6.99/500mL at CostCo 1.5 tsp refined coconut oil or butter - (Will bring from home, not worth your buying the whole jar.) ½ tsp liquid Sugar Twin - (Will bring from home, not worth buying) ½-1 tsp Norton's Half-salt (to taste) - (Will bring from home, not worth buying.) when you are able to find a writer can you specify to him/her that I do not need an introduction and conclusion, just paragraphs on the info i had stated in the information box source..
Properties of Egg and Cream in Ice cream
The egg yolk is a vital component of the Chocolate-covered Strawberry ice cream, it provides flavor and improves the texture and body of the ice cream. Lecithin facilitates these functions by acting as an emulsifier preventing separation of oils from water, leading to partial coalescence and better texture. Essentially, presence of lecithin and proteins in egg yolks provides appropriate qualities for ice cream. However, it is essential to avoid too much egg yolks as presence of fat could be visible in the ice cream. Thus, egg yolks ensure that the ice cream is creamier and smoother (Marshall et al., 2003).
Egg yolks provide a more buttery flavor in the ice cream in contrast to ice creams without egg yolks. Egg yolks have fat soluble flavor chemicals that mask undesirable flavors, but care should also be exercised to avoid too much egg yolks as the taste is strong (Tharp & Young, 2012). In addition, the flavor of the ice cream is better because of use of the egg yolk as oppos...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Anthropology: Adaptive Factors Lab Report Paper Writing Description: Explain why you chose these distinguishing traits and discuss the basis for this choice (think environmental or adaptive factors) in one paragraph. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Lab Report |
- Anthropology Lab Report 4: Features, Data and HypothesesDescription: Similarly, the shape of the cranium varied over the years with changes in the brain case size, which incidentally resulted to smaller teeth in modern man....2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Lab Report |
- 2017 BIO130 Lab Report Assignment 03 Worksheet Description: What was the major reason that chemical synthesis of insulin was not a good alternative to using bovine insulin to treat diabetes...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Lab Report |