Some Common Mineral Functions And Deficiency Symptoms (Lab Report Sample)
Mineral supply and growth: Hormonal Regulation Of Growth And Developmentsource..
Mineral supply and growth
0% water only, 1%, 3%, 5%-inorganic fertilizer best nutrient supply, and growth
At 10% the inorganic fertilizer improves growth and in the case of crops the yield would also be better
When there is less than optimal nutrient supply there is stunted growth, inadequate supply of nutrients this is also associated with decreased plant productivity and fertility. When plants are nitrogen deficient the leaves die from the tip and turn brown.
Oversupply of nutrients also harms the plants and affects growth negatively. For instance, nitrogen is crucial to producing chlorophyll and absorbing light, but too much nitrogen in fertilizers can result in nitrate toxicity when the leaves and steams ‘burn’ and can also promote fungal diseases.
II. HORMONAL REGULATION OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT (Week 2)
Terminal bud intact
Terminal bud removed and the mixture of lanolin+IAA (auxin) applied
Terminal bud removed
And lanolin applied
10) Auxin has an inhibitory effect on the growth of lateral buds, as auxin is required for apical dominance
11) Pinching the apical bud results in the lateral buds growing
12) Applying the auxin (lanolin+IAA) then inhibit the lateral bud growth again
13) Lanolin is the (control) in the experiment...
- Lab Report About The Makeup Of The Next GenerationDescription: Due to the principles of predation, we predict that the predator would first consume the red alleles for its color is most contrasting relative to its environment....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- Microbiology: Orange Decay Lab ReportDescription: e found that the mycelium was appearing on the surface, and when the fungus began growing, we found that olive green spores were produced. Soon the entire fruit got covered with these olive green spores....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- Homeostasis Lab: Human Anatomy And PhysiologyDescription: The first lab will cover a topic integral to all of anatomy and physiology — homeostasis.. Homeostasis is defined as the “the tendency of a system, to maintain internal stability"....4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |