Some Common Mineral Functions And Deficiency Symptoms (Lab Report Sample)
Mineral supply and growth: Hormonal Regulation Of Growth And Developmentsource..
Mineral supply and growth
0% water only, 1%, 3%, 5%-inorganic fertilizer best nutrient supply, and growth
At 10% the inorganic fertilizer improves growth and in the case of crops the yield would also be better
When there is less than optimal nutrient supply there is stunted growth, inadequate supply of nutrients this is also associated with decreased plant productivity and fertility. When plants are nitrogen deficient the leaves die from the tip and turn brown.
Oversupply of nutrients also harms the plants and affects growth negatively. For instance, nitrogen is crucial to producing chlorophyll and absorbing light, but too much nitrogen in fertilizers can result in nitrate toxicity when the leaves and steams ‘burn’ and can also promote fungal diseases.
II. HORMONAL REGULATION OF GROWTH AND DEVELOPMENT (Week 2)
Terminal bud intact
Terminal bud removed and the mixture of lanolin+IAA (auxin) applied
Terminal bud removed
And lanolin applied
10) Auxin has an inhibitory effect on the growth of lateral buds, as auxin is required for apical dominance
11) Pinching the apical bud results in the lateral buds growing
12) Applying the auxin (lanolin+IAA) then inhibit the lateral bud growth again
13) Lanolin is the (control) in the experiment...
- Enzyme (Peroxidase) Concentration And Enzyme ActivityDescription: The experiment focused on the impact of enzyme concentration on enzyme (peroxidase) activity. Turnip extract is the source of peroxidase in the experiment....4 pages/≈1100 words | 4 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- Understand Gene Transfer In Bacteria Using Escherichia ColiDescription: This paper will try to understand gene transfer in bacteria using Escherichia Coli. The E. coli bacteria will be able to gain resistance from Ampicillin through gene transfer using the method of transformation. This paper will also determine if the hypotheses above is indeed viable....3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |
- 12.1 Questions: 5 Gene Therapy, Diseases Gene AugmentationDescription: The process of enzyme activation occurs when a substrate binds to an enzyme’s active site causing changes of an enzyme....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Lab Report |