Historical Figures and Leadership Management Essay (Essay Sample)
Assignment 2: Historical Figures and Leadership.
In this assignment, you will select one of the following historical figures and review the related recommended research. Consider how your chosen historical figure's leadership skills might be applied in today's modern workplace.
Alternate Name(s): Cleopatra VII.
Location & Time Period: Egypt, 1st Century BC.
Cleopatra VII encyclopedia entry from Great Lives from History: The Ancient World.
Cleopatra VII encyclopedia entry from Great Lives from History: The Incredibly Wealthy.
Alternate Name(s): Qin Shi Huang.
Location & Time Period: China, 3rd Century BC.
Qin Shihuangdi encyclopedia entry from Salem Press Encyclopedia.
Qin Shi Huang: Emperor of Qin Dynasty encyclopedia entry from Encyclopædia Brittanica.
Shi Huangdi encyclopedia entry from Ancient History Encyclopedia.
Alternate Name(s): Constantine the Great, Constantine I.
Location & Time Period: Roman Empire, 3rd Century AD.
Constantine I from Rise of Christianity, The: History, Documents, and Key Questions.
Constantine the Great encyclopedia entry from Great Lives from History: The Ancient World.
Constantine the Great 285–337 encyclopedia entry from Religions of the World: A Comprehensive Encyclopedia of Beliefs and Practices.
After reviewing the recommended research about your selected historical figure, you will use the provided template to write a two-page essay about their leadership skills and how they might play out in today's workplace. In your essay, you will provide a rationale for your selection, some background on the selected individual, discussion of leadership skills, and application of those skills in today's workplace. Refer to the template for further details on the themes you should include.
Open the Assignment 2 Historical Figures and Leadership Then and Now Paper Template [DOCX].
Download the template.
Save the template to your desktop (or another location of your choice).
Save As with the following file name: First Name_ Last Name_HUM 111_Assignment 2_quarter_ 2020. (Example: Lauren_Philip_HUM111_Assignment 2_Summer 2020.)
Complete the assignment.
Edit your work.
Make sure you have discussed each bullet point in the template.
Check your work for grammatical errors and proper Strayer Writing Standards (SWS).
Your assignment must follow these requirements:
This course requires use of Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) [PDF] . Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
Summarize thoughts about an author's work, including the historical events happening at the time it was produced and the relevance of the work in the present day.
Review the rubric on the assignment submission page.
See assignment overviews from your professor in the "Help from..." tab on the left menu.
Assignment 2: Historical Figures and Leadership then and now Paper (Template)
In your introduction section, complete each step listed in the bullets below. Your answer should be 1–2 paragraphs in length:
- Identify the historical figure you selected.
- Explain why you selected this particular historical figure over the others.
In your background section, complete each step listed in the bullets below. Your answer should be 1–2 paragraphs:
- Provide a short overview of his or her life.
- Provide background on the how or why the historical figure you selected rose to prominence (what he/she did to achieve status).
In your evidence section, complete each step listed in the bullets below. Your answer should be 1–2 paragraph in length.
- Provide 2—3 types of leadership skills your historical figure demonstrates. Explain the main point of the work you picked.
In your discussion section, complete each step listed in the bullets below. Your answer should be one paragraph in length.
- Could see your selected historical figure’s leadership skills carried out in the workplace today? Explain why or why not.
- As manager, supervisor, or owner of a company have you ever used these leadership skills in the workplace, or plan to use them in the future? Explain.
In your conclusion section, complete each step listed in the bullets below. Your answer should be 1–2 paragraphs in length.
- Discuss whether you believe any of the experiences or lessons learned by the historical figure remain true, today and why?
- Conclude and reflect on how this text has relevance to your present day work or life.
Historical Figures and Leadership
Cleopatra VII Thea Philopator was born in 70/6 BCE, and she passed on in August 30 BCE. The famous Egyptian queen is known to have indulged in a love drama with Julius Ceaser but was married to Mark Antony (Mark, 2018). Cleopatra had an affair with Ceaser while seeking retention of power after a prior overthrowing by the generals, and not love, considering her intentions before the involvement. I have selected Cleopatra because she was an influential female figure in leadership who could not give up the throne for anything, including the generals fighting her (Mark, 2018). In this case, she formed an army in Syria and staged war against her brother to get the throne back.
Cleopatras’ life is reigned by endeavors in search of leadership and power. She first became queen following the death of her father, Ptolemy XIV, in 51BCE (Mark, 2018). Cleopatras' administration went through significant challenges, including being overthrown and fleeing to Syria for safety.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to salem witch trials:
- Ethical Company Essay Management Essay Research PaperDescription: The company Alibaba is considered to be the world's largest online business company with millions of users and businesses. The e-commerce of Alibaba is the world's most rapidly growing market with billion dollars total transactions in the past year, scaling to greater than eBay and Amazon...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Worker Compensation Excess(Class Discussion) Management CourseworkDescription: To make changes in the worker's compensation claims, there would be focus on reducing the time for the prolonged workers' compensation claims and open workers' compensation claims, which would limit the insurers or the injured workers from re-opening the claim. The claims process in California...1 page/≈275 words | APA | Management | Coursework |
- BOS4201 Unit 6 Management Case Study Research PaperDescription: Drug development and use follow several trial procedures to ascertain their safety to human anatomy. These trials are monitored by experts and followed up by government agencies. Recommendations are given depending on the results attained, including what the regulatory bodies find unsafe for humans...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Management | Case Study |