Wk4 creative Literature & Language Essay Research Paper (Essay Sample)
Write an epilogue to " The Cask of Amontillado" in which a case against Montresor comes to trial. In your epilogue, provide the prosecuting attorney's closing argument, reminding the jury of any evidence that proves Montresor's guilt. Then provide the defense attorney's closing argument and describe the jury's final verdict.
Assignment Requirements: Your submission must:
• include a minimum of 400 words, written in paragraph form.
• be written in the third-person point of view (academic voice). You may write in the first-person point of view if you want to pretend you are Montresor.
50 Years earlier. The Cask of Amontillado court case.
For Fortunato’s sake, meeting Montresor was probably the biggest mistake of his life. A man with taste and actual connoisseurship that was rare for an Italian man. His appreciation for Italian vintages was visibly sincere which drew envy from other wine connoisseurs like the defendant Montresor. The defendant claims to be in Italian Vintages himself and bought them regularly however, he still felt threatened by Fortunato’s. Therefore, to assert his dominance, Montresor felt the need to exaggerate his collection of Spanish wine, Amontillado. His claims of having a pipe containing 126 gallons alleged to have been acquired at a cheap price acted as the bait. CITATION Edg20 \l 1033 (Poe) Therefore, it can be said with confidence that the defendant lured Mr. Fortunato into the underground catacombs out of malice and a sheer intention for murder.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Cause and effect quiz. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: xplain how to write a cause and effect essay. In your developed response you will need to discuss organization, identifying causes and effects and the steps involved in writing the essay....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Cause/effect discussion. Literature & Language AssignmentDescription: Hasselstron explained the motive of a gun in a woman’s hands. Using an ascetic tone to catch the attention of the readers, Hasselstrom discloses her story to empower women....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Systematic Racism in Policing in America. Literature & Language EssayDescription: The death of George Floyd, a 46-year-old African American living in Minneapolis, Minnesota on May 25, sparked a countrywide protest against the systemic racism and the use of lethal force by the law enforcers in the USA. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |