Polonius- Ophelia- Laertes Relationship Writing Assignment (Essay Sample)
1. How many triangular relationships are in the play Hamlet? Describe 2 important: Hamlet- Gertrude- Claudius, Polonius- Ophelia- Laertes 2. Is the ghost of Hamlet's father real? 3. Why does Ophelia go mad (insane)? Did Ophelia and Hamlet go to bed? Did Gertrude and Claudius go to bed face the murder of old Hamlet? 4. Why dose Hamlet procrastinate/put Hamlet delay killing his uncle? Briefly answer the above questions, and then pick one to write an essay (5-6paragraph) cite the original.source..
A triangular relationship is a relationship involving three people; it can be a love affair or relational. There are three major triangular relationships in the play Hamlet; these include Hamlet - Polonius – Claudius, Claudius - Gertrude – Ghost and Polonius - Laertes – Ophelia.
In the play, Gertrude is Hamlet's biological mother, while Claudius is Hamlet's uncle. Gertrude initially was married to Claudius brother, Old King Hamlet, and after his death, Gertrude got married to his older brother. The ghost of Old King Hamlet informs Hamlet that he was killed by Claudius; this raises tension between Hamlet and Claudius. Also, Hamlet sees the mother as a betrayer who betrayed his father; this is because she accepted to marry his father's brother barely two months after his father's demise. Therefore, the triangular relationship is tensed with Hamlet seen as the source of the tension; he has hatred for both the uncle and the mother.
Polonius- Ophelia- Laertes Relationship
Polonius is the father of both Ophelia and Laertes. Laertes is a woman being wooed by Prince Hamlet in the play. Ophelia warns the sister of possible sexual misuse by Hamlet while the father insists that Laertes should marry Hamlet. From these two contradicting opinions the relationship between Ophelia and the sister is that of protection and love. Ophelia does not want to see the sister misused or heartbroken. The father on the other considers Laertes's marriage to Hamlet as an honor to him, Polonius. The father does not care for the daughter but his gains.
Is the ghost of Hamlet's father real?
The ghost may be both real and not. According to Hamlet the ghost is real and keeps talking to him. To other people, the ghost is an imagination of Hamlet and not real. This is proved in the essay on this paper, last section.
Why does Ophelia go mad (insane)?
Ophelia's insanity has two origins; the first one is the death of the father (Shakespeare 4.5.4-5) while the second one is her failed relationship. The emotions of losing two important things in her life overtake her because of her age and the result is madness.
Did Ophelia and Hamlet go to bed?
Yes, when Ophelia committed suicide after they separated with Hamlet, she did so with flowers of fertility around her. The flowers could be a symbol of the unborn child and because Hamlet was her only suitor leaves me believing that
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to relationship:
- How Many Triangular Relationships Are In The Play Hamlet?Description: Describe 2 important: Hamlet- Gertrude- Claudius, Polonius- Ophelia- Laertes 2. Is the ghost of Hamlet’s father real? Why does Ophelia go mad (insane)? ...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Hamlet, Gertrude, Claudius, Polonius, Ophelia, Laertes RelationshipsDescription: How many triangular relationships are in the play Hamlet? Describe 2 important: Hamlet- Gertrude- Claudius, Polonius- Ophelia- Laertes. Is the ghost of Hamlet’s father real? ...3 pages/≈825 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Three 5-2 Comments: Welldoing Organization Writing AssignemntDescription: There are three students comments and the students are Shawn, Johnsom and Alfredo all must have in text citation, reference page and schollary commentsmments ...1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |