1 page/≈275 words
History: First Chronology / Timeline Assignment (Essay Sample)
First Chronology/Timeline Assignment Please follow instructions and use the Jerry H. Bentley and Herbert F. Ziegler the answer are in this book only – please Traditions and Encounters Volume 1 – fifth edition In this course the papers and many of the discussions are comparative history oriented, that is we compare like events in the past to see similarities and differences, but sometimes the comparative method leaves us lacking a sense of in what order the events took place. It is important for students (and historians) to have a sense of when historical events took place as well as what order they occurred in. That allows us to see cause and effect in the past, which is what History is all about. To help students understand the chronological nature of the past as well as to better see the impact of one civilization on succeeding civilizations and the historical significance of some of these events, we have this Chronology/Timeline assignment. In this assignment, you are given twenty (20) historical events or figures and twenty (20) dates. All of the historical events come from the material covered in Weeks 1 to 4 of the course (Bentley and Ziegler chapters 2 to 12). Your assignment should look like this: First Chronology Assignment Part I: Match the event with the dates: 1. 1750 BCE: Death of King Hammurabi 2. 1550 BCE: and so on all the way to date 20. Put the dates in the chronological order given below and then match the events with the correct date (one event per date). The 20 dates you need to match with the corresponding historical event are: 1. 1750 BCE 2. 1550 BCE 3. 1500 BCE 4. 1122 BCE 5. 1000 BCE 6. 930 BCE 7. 900 BCE 8. 760 BCE 9. 509 BCE 10. 490 BCE 11. 486 BCE 12. 479 BCE 13. 403 BCE 14. 347 BCE 15. 334 BCE 16. 321 BCE 17. 221 BCE 18. 46-44 BCE 19. 300 CE 20. 550 CE The 20 historical events and figures you need to match with the correct date are 1. Alexander the Great's Greek army invades Persia 2. Battle of Marathon 3. Collapse of the Gupta Dynasty in India 4. Conquest of Egypt by King Kashta of Kush 5. Death of Confucius (Kong Fuzi) 6. Death of Darius of Persia 7. Death of King Hammurabi 8. Death of Plato 9. Death of King Solomon 10. Early Aryan migration into the Ganges River Valley 11. Establishment of the Roman republic 12. Invention of iron metallurgy in Sub-Saharan Africa 13. Rule of Gaius Julius Caesar as dictator 14. Start of Egyptian New Kingdom 15. Start of Indian Vedic Age 16. Start of Mayan society 17. Start of Qin Dynasty in China 18. Start of the Period of Warring States in China 19. Start of reign of Chandragupta Maurya of India 20. Start of Zhou Dynasty in China source..
For the history student, past events are very crucial when studying current events. To that they need the correct order of events as they happened in the past so as to make significant and correct meaning. For them to understand how ancient civilization affected the most civilizations, it is therefore, important that they get the correct order of events and how they connect to one another up to this date.
The following some of the historical events and how they chronologically fall in time.
1. 1750 BCE - Death of King Hammurabi
2. 1550 BCE - Start of Egyptian New Kingdom
3. 1500 BCE - Early Aryan migration into the Ganges River Valley
4. 1122 BCE - Start of Indian Vedic Age
5. 1000 BCE - Start of Zhou Dynasty in China
6. 930 BCE - Death of King Solomon
7. 900 BCE - Start of Mayan society
8. 760 BCE - Conquest of Egypt by King Kashta of Kush
9. 509 BCE - Establishment of the Roman republic
10. 490 BCE- Battle of Marathon
11. 486 BCE - Death of Darius of Persia
12. 479 BCE - Death of Confucius (Kong Fuzi)
13. 403 BCE - Start of the Period of Warring States in China
14. 347 BCE - Death of Plato
15. 334 BCE - Alexander the Great’s Greek army invades Persia
16. 321 BCE -Start of reign of Chandragu...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
- Stem cell Essays
- Values Essays
- Gun violence Essays
- Divorce Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to death penalty:
- The demographic transition modelDescription: Essay: Culture geography - population...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Movie 'Dead man walking' by Tim RobbinsDescription: Literature and Language Essay: Movie 'Dead man walking' by Tim Robbins...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Neo-conservative and neo‐liberalDescription: English Essay: Neo-conservative and neo‐liberal...2 pages/≈550 words | 4 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |