Nutrition and Coaching Plan Health, Medicine, Nursing Essay (Essay Sample)
Find a potential client (friend, family member, current training client, yourself) and initiate an initial assessment.
Have the client complete the appropriate questionnaires. Forms can be found in the “Initial Assessment and Triage Questionnaire” packet included with your course materials.
Design and fully describe your nutrition and coaching plan for the client including:
1. Your findings from collecting preliminary client information
2. Client level and the reason for choosing this level
3. Limiting factors
4. Outcome goals
5. Behavior goals
6. Which assessments you will record and why/how you will incorporate the results
7. Your recommended nutrition and supplement plan
8. What (if anything) your client will need to discuss with his or her physician
9. Referrals to your professional network (if needed)
10. Proposed appointment scheduling including:
b. What you will discuss at each appointment
11. A plan of action if you observe a plateau
12. A plan of action if your client changes his or her goals
Be as detailed as possible in your plan.
Nutrition and Coaching Plan
Subject and Section
Date of Submission
The assessment was conducted on a friend by answering the questionnaires provided. The potential client is a 24-year-old female who wants a nutrition and coaching plan to lose weight, to increase endurance for her 10K fun run happening in 3 months, and to feel and look better. The client has asthma, is not diabetic, not hypertensive, but has a family history of cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and diabetes. The client works in an office for 8 hours and does not have an active lifestyle. Hobbies and other activities include painting and baking, but the client reiterated wanting to change her lifestyle into an active one, hence the reason for signing up for a 10K run. There is an occasional cardio workout that has been estimated to be 4 to 8 times per month only, which included 30 to 45 minutes of brisk walking. The client was diagnosed with a chronic ankle sprain on the right ankle six months ago but denied the presence of pain. The client eats all kinds of food and is not allergic to anything. Intake mostly consists of carbohydrates from fast-food chains. Moderate consumption of proteins in the forms of regular burger patty or quarter leg of chicken during lunch and dinner. Occasional intake of vegetables during weekends, approximately 2 to 3 times per week as viand mixed with a small amount of ground beef or pork. The client is a heavy coffee drinker, around 2 to 4 cups a day, and enjoys eating junk food often, with minimal consumption of fresh fruits and water. Water intake is only 1 litre per day during busy days at work and a maximum of 2 litres when the client tries to increase water intake on regular days. The client also mentioned that she wants to try cutting off or at least decreasing unhealthy food intake but does not know where to start. The sleep schedule of the client depends on the workload that she brings at home, which affects the number of hours that the client can rest. The client sleeps for 4 to 5 hours when the workload is high, and around 6 to 7 hours on typical nights. The patient is 12 kilograms away from an average body mass index and is currently classified as overweight.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to fast food:
- Malnutrition In The World Health, Medicine, Nursing EssayDescription: Food security has raised concerns among academics, policy makers, and practitioners, who have implemented measures to curb food insecurities. The metrics ensure that food is available, accessible, stable, and ready for use. Also, the metrics draws data from individual, household, regional, and national...3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- BurgerFi Marketing Plan Part 2 Business & Marketing EssayDescription: BurgerFi is the American fast spontaneous chain of restaurants focused on the natural hamburgers, custard, and hot dogs. The first location was opened in the year 2011 in Florida inside the former Burger King. BurgerFi is another participant in the congested field of more upscale fast joints ...7 pages/≈1925 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Case Study 2 Calculations: Calculate the client's target heart rate using the Karvonen formu. . .Description: I am a professional fitness expert and dietician, and I have dealt with many clients so far. For people like Clark Kent, it is integral to set up a training program that helps ensure their physical and mental fitness. During our conversation, Clark told me that he is in high school and wants to gain muscle...3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Case Study |