Illegalization of Marijuana: An Analysis based on Mill’s Position (Essay Sample)
The writer can choose one of the 4 questions which he/she thinks most easy to write in the prompt attached below.
1. Make sure when making arguments there are relative quotes to support the claim.
2. No too much paraphrase, focus on personal insights about the reading. No repetitive claims.
4. some questions require a comparison between the two authors
book needed: Plato's Republic and J.S.Mill's On Liberty
3. language level: medium to advanced
Illegalization of Marijuana: An Analysis based on Mill’s Position
Illegalization of marijuana is a subject that presents mixed arguments based on the ethical and moral propositions on which the issue is founded. However, a critical analysis of the viewpoints presented by the agencies that support or prohibit the legalization of this drug reveals multiple arguments that culminate at the pragmatic position of presenting the populace with policies that will lead to an optimal reduction in the levels of harm caused to the user. In the scholarly works of ancient philosophers such as John Stuart Mill, the principle of harm was considered as one of the greatest necessities for enforcement of any mode of legal action (Hickenlooper 243). According to Monte, Zane, and Heard (241), the harm principle was considered as a basis of excluding a clique of societal activities from the issues of law enforcement. However, there is sufficient evidence that this moral code lacked sufficient ground to determine what needed to be included.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to legalize marijuana:
- Legalization of Marijuana: An Analysis Based on Stuart’s OpinionDescription: Legalization of marijuana is a multifaceted and a highly controversial issue, which is now a subject of serious public debate (Blumenson and Eva 279). The number of states legalizing the use of marijuana in the United States is increasing day by day, and since 2012, four states have passed laws to remove...4 pages/≈1100 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Twitter Social Media Tool or Marketing ToolDescription: Colleges, students, teens, adults, professional athletes, grandparents, movie stars, businesses, organizations, and parents are just a few of the demographics who occasionally use Twitter....6 pages/≈1650 words | 3 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Human Sexuality And ProstitutionDescription: Prostitution is the act of engaging in a sexually relevant act with other people or strangers without an affectionate relationship in exchange for money and or other during the actor near the period of the act....5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | APA | Social Sciences | Essay |