Should marijuana be sold and taxed just like alcohol? Social Essay (Essay Sample)
Write a persuasive paragraph. At the end of the paragraph, identify the persuasive methods you used and why you used them.
Should marijuana be sold and taxed just like alcohol?
Ensure that the paragraph has a clear topic sentence, at least three supporting details, a clear explanation of how the supporting details support the topic sentence, and a concluding sentence.
Should Marijuana be Sold and Taxed Just Like Alcohol?
Yes, marijuana should be sold and taxed, just like alcohol. This debate rages on, but there is overwhelming evidence that suggests that marijuana ought to be sold and taxed just like alcohol. One such reason or evidence is the fact that governments will be able to increase revenue collection. Currently, marijuana is illegal, but it is sold in large amounts in the black-market economy. Billions of dollars go uncollected by governments worldwide because of the above. With the legalization of marijuana, governments should be able to increase their revenue collection. Aside from revenue collection, there is also the idea of controlling the quality circulating in the market. Currently, no regulatory bodies have been set up to control the quality
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to marijuana essays:
- Should Marijuana be legalized for recreational use?Description: It is important to note that millions of individuals have tried using marijuana despite it being illegal. Across the United States, thousands of Americans have been arrested for possessing marijuana, and this has caused a public debate about its legalization....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Marijuana Drug Abuse Literature & Language Research PaperDescription: The use of marijuana has existed for more than a millennia. However, different people use the drug for various reasons, including; medicine, religious purposes, recreation, and food (Hudak, 1). Knowing the diverse uses of marijuana reveals that the drug can either be legal or illegal,...8 pages/≈2200 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Research Paper |
- Has the use of marijuana increased in Canada since legalization Description: Marijuana is a psychoactive drug from the sativa plant with a wide range of uses ranging from medicinal to recreational and spiritual purposes. The main psychoactive compound in cannabis that gives a user the feeling of high or stoned is tetrahydrocannabinol (THC)....3 pages/≈825 words | APA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |