Poli Sci 302 Social Sciences Essay Research Coursework (Essay Sample)
Here are the directions.
I am looking for content, analysis, and examples in all,
If you have to cite, do credit source,
College level essay (critical thinking)
1) How is/are Comparative Politics and International Politics as presented per the authors? The chapter discusses the role of the state/states, economic systems, the influence of culture, and the concept of democracy in the contemporary world stage. How are these areas covered? Is democracy good applicable everywhere as a workable blue print? Please make sure to provide examples where appropriate as it measures your general understanding of the chapter.
2) Define and examine the the nature of 'politics' and its relationship with human nature/behavior as illustrated by the authors. What is/are the symbiotic relationship(s) between politics and power? Please explain the theory of EVL and where the citizen (you) fit in this dynamic of power exercise? I am looking for examples where applicable.
3) Like it or not every citizen is directly linked with Economic and Cultural Determinants within their own democratic or non-democratic along with the theory of the term Modernization. Does culture or identity play any role in politics and can governments play 'culture and identity scenarios' and how can an educated v. low informed society be impacted by this theory? You can use current scenarios here in the U.S., Europe in general, or Latin America. You are not limited to these areas.
4) How do the authors define a 'state'? We have heard of a functional state, failed state, predatory state, and maybe a rogue state--explain, compare, and contrast each and what do we mean when we label states as such? We have all these types in 'real politic' or as we speak. Please provide examples for each. I can think of at least one in each continent minus the polars:)
5)We just got done with the globalization concept and I'd like you to go outside the box here i.e., the term eminates from the interconnectedness of global trade...the Silk Road, Trans Sahara trade, ancient voyagers, the slave trade, nations and individuals that made names for themselves in this process or epochs of interconnectivity. Today digital power of international commerce and diplomacy is the new world order. Who are the winners and losers in this trend how are people, states, regions impacted with this global phenomenon? Remember MNCs (Multinational Corporations) are far influential than some states bar-none! (You can also use statements from your assignments submitted to amplify additional thoughts)
If you need me to send you any power point slides about our chapters regarding the authors just let me know and I’ll upload them.
This is the book we use If this helps. Thank you
Clark, Golder, and Golder: Foundations of Comparative Politics.
SAGE Publishers, ISBN: 978-1-5063-6073-7
POLI SCI 302
1 How is/are Comparative Politics and International Politics as presented per the authors? The chapter discusses the role of the state/states, economic systems, the influence of culture, and the concept of democracy in the contemporary world stage. How are these areas covered? Is democracy good applicable everywhere as a workable blueprint? Please make sure to provide examples where appropriate as it measures your general understanding of the chapter.
Political science is the study of how various societies and states undertake political activities. In essence, political science is made up of many components, including comparative politics. According to Wiley (n.p.), comparative politics entails studying and analyzing different political units, systems, activities, behaviors, and constitutions, public policies among countries, citizens, and societies, either as a whole or in parts analyzing the similarities and differences between them. Comparative politics is an aspect that entails executing comparative methods to compare and contrast political activities and systems among states and countries. Comparative politics seeks to explain and enhance understanding of the political phenomena of a state, country, society, or political system. For example, political scientists usually divide Asian politics into four main blocks, which are: East, South, Southeast, and Central Asia, while Africa is usually divided into three regions, which are the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and sub-Saharan Africa. Comparative politics explores and compares how political elites and policymakers have different opinions on democratization and modernization and how the various views result in political conflicts in these regions.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Political Theory Social Sciences Essay Research PaperDescription: Justice has often been identified as one of the concepts that have been essential in the history of philosophy. Both Plato and Aristotle identified justice as a virtue that sought to achieve goodness and enhance people’s willingness to obey laws. According to Ferrara (393), justice...8 pages/≈2200 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Eastern Ethics Social Sciences Essay Research CourseworkDescription: The welfare of society determines the success of ethical standards. The sharia, the Islamic legal system, offers guidelines to what is morally accepted and what is prohibited. Individuals’ character plays a vital role in guiding behavior, thoughts, and intentions in the Islamic society. In Islamic ethical...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Conceptualizing Race and Ethnicity Social Sciences EssayDescription: Du Bois (2007), in his biography, states that the concept of race does not have something concerning personal interest. Still, according to him, he considers personal interest to depend primarily on the race concept. He, therefore, wants to investigate and determine how it depends on the race concept...4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |