Media. Government’s Advantages for Controlling the Press (Essay Sample)
Please Answer these two questions:
1. What advantages would a government have from controlling the press? Disadvantages? If you were opposed to a government and that government prevented you from using the media to convey your opinions, what would you do? What risks could this involve?
2. In the middle of a war, did the American public have the right to know the contents of the Pentagon Papers? Why or why not? Was there room for compromise between the issues of security and the right to know?
Please see the attachment for the information of Pentagon Paper.
Government’s Advantages for Controlling the Press
When the government controls the press, its responsibility to ensure that it brings up the youths in a good environment becomes simple. The current media can damage this environment if allowed to spread the information freely through the internet, which the teenagers will misuse and affect their mental health. This effect is a great concern to the society.
The government is able to secure the society. The administration gets it easy to protect those who could become the victims of internet fraud.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Global public health. Please Answer these two questionsDescription: The freedom of movement is provided for globally. However, movement should not be at the cost of risking the health of the general public. While it is important to ensure that the public is kept safe; unless there is a genuine concern, it would be totally wrong to take actions aimed at reducing the flows. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- leadership in Social Media - Anti-Racism. Social Sciences EssayDescription: In addition to being a source of entertainment, social media is a powerful tool with communication abilities that exceed any of the communication platforms that have been around in the past (Joel). ...3 pages/≈825 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Migration. Why people want to immigrate to USA in the past several decades？Description: Over the last several decades, people have always wanted to immigrate to the United States. There are various reasons for this desire, and these include the fact that America is considered the leading democratic country. ...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |