Global public health. Please Answer these two questions (Essay Sample)
Please Answer these two questions:
1. If the movement of people, food, and manufactured goods can have such a negative impact on public health, should steps be taken to reduce these flows? What other options are there for lowering the spread of global diseases? How does increased trade in food lead to the spread of food-borne illnesses? What measures can be taken to reduce the incidence of these diseases?
2. One of the biggest battlegrounds over GMOs is in Africa. While U.S. companies have supported the introduction of GM crops to increase crop yield and the nutritional content of food, European companies and governments have opposed these measures. How would you weigh the trade-off between the possibility for increased food production and the potential these crops might harm the environment and health?
The questions come from: http://www(dot)globalization101(dot)org/uploads/File/Health/health.pdf
And this website is helpful for answering the questions.
Global Public Health
The freedom of movement is provided for globally. However, movement should not be at the cost of risking the health of the general public. While it is important to ensure that the public is kept safe; unless there is a genuine concern, it would be totally wrong to take actions aimed at reducing the flows. Flows should only be limited and thoroughly scrutinized when there is a certainty that they would pub the public on the danger of contracting a disease. To limit the spread of global diseases, countries must understand their core capabilities and ensure that they are capable of detecting, diagnosing, notifying, and implementing appropriate prevention and control measures.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to fast food:
- Bizarre culture foods. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Food culture is the beliefs, practices, and attitudes that surround the consumption, distribution, and production of food. The various cultures in the world have different foods that are associated with their beliefs. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Economic Brief: Food Trucks (Food Industry)Description: Customers usually purchase these meals for direct consumption. Therefore, the establishments in this industry focus primarily on serving fast foods from vehicles, for instance, ice cream trucks and hot dog carts....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Project Management Crash or Fast trackDescription: You are managing a project with a duration of 24 months and a budget of $12 million dollars. Assume that you are running two months behind schedule, but you have enough money to complete it....1 page/≈275 words | 2 Sources | APA | Management | Coursework |