Adapting to the Inevitable Climate Change (Essay Sample)
In the response paper you must:
- Identify the text and author
- Briefly summarize the main argument/issue raised by the author.
- Contextualize the argument/issue raised and how it relates to the course.
- Respond to and critique the paper (this is not just an emotional response i.e. “I didn’t like the
- Try to connect the reading to other topics covered in the course.
- If you use quotes, cite them appropriately
I uploaded the readign part as well.
Reading Response: Adapting to the inevitable climate change
In his article titled No Going Back, the author Olive Heferman discusses the effect of climate change with a mention of extreme weather conditions that has increasingly occurred in different parts of the world. These extremes include deadly flooding, draughts, heatwaves, cyclones, and hurricanes among others; these have led to loss of many lives. The writer also notes that the severity, intensity and frequency of these conditions have rapidly increased in the recent years with a projection of a more severe future if no action is taken.
There is, therefore, a ne...
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to climate change:
- Government Policy to Curb Climate Change by Reducing the Emissions of Greenhouse GasesDescription: Climate change exists and is largely caused by human activities. Since the year 1900, the globe’s average temperature has gone up by 0.7 °C...8 pages/≈2200 words | 4 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Reading ResponseDescription: In my junior school, I learnt about the harm that is already introduced into the world by climate change...1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Climate Change Research PaperDescription: The paper begins with an introduction that gives an overview of the climate change situation across the globe....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |