Holy Spirit and Salvation Journal. Religion & Theology Essay (Essay Sample)
Briefly explain and evaluate Yong's argument regarding the role of the Spirit's gifts in a community of faith. Building on this, reflect on your vocation. Construct a description of the Holy Spirit's sanctifying power as part of God's larger purposes for salvation. How does your vocation and/or use of the Spirit's gifts join with the Spirit's work?
“Salvation is a broad term referring to God’s activity on behalf of creation and especially humans in bringing all things to God’s intended goal…” (PDTT)
A journal question for the weekly theological topic will draw on major themes from other common core
courses, contemporary political and ethical situations, perennial Christian debates, and common life
experiences. Each student will submit a 300-word journal in Blackboard that includes:
1) Substantive reflection on the weekly journal prompt.
• Substantive reflection entails following prompt instructions to examine, evaluate, and/or construct ideas
(not merely a personal response or “here’s what I think” statements).
2) Incorporation of two sources from the week’s lecture and study materials.
• Incorporating sources from the week enables students to bring ideas together, find connections, or
engage further with the material. Make a note of the source and page number is parenthesis after using
lecture and study materials. Due to the brief length of these posts, avoid extensive quotes. Instead, quote
helpful phrases or words.
The Journal prepares students for seminar discussions, develops the ability to utilize theological language and
ideas, and provides practice in constructing a theological response to a particular situation. Students are
responsible for bringing a paper or electronic copy to seminar for use in the discussion.
Instructors use the following rubric to assess journals:
5- Substantive reflection AND use of 2 sources from lecture/study folder
4- Insightful reflection and use of 1-2 sources
3- Minimal (or maybe adequate) reflection and minimal use of sources
2- Does not address the question of the prompt OR offers only personal opinion
1- Disregard for the assignment
0- Assignment not submitted
Holy Spirit and Salvation Journal
In his book titled Spirit of Love, Amos Yong argues that God is love, God is the spirit, and he can create feelings of love in our heart in seconds. In one of its chapters, the author mentions that the Spirit’s gifts certainly strengthen our faith in God as well as his existence (Yong 99). We get to know why we have been sent to this world, and how to please God by doing good things and adopting a positive lifestyle. The fruit of the Holy Spirit, according to Amos Yong, is nothing but love and affection.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to religion:
- Creation journal. Theodicy. Religion and Theology EssayDescription: While reading the theodicies written by the authors listed above, it is apparent that while there are many differences between their ideas, there are also distinct similarities between every one of them....1 page/≈275 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Sartre Reflection Essay. Religion & Theology EssayDescription: Civilization accounts for the continuous evolution of human beings owing to the evolving changes in the social, political, cultural, and economic aspects of the society in correspondence to the subsequent modernizations....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | MLA | Religion & Theology | Essay |
- Chinese Popular Essay. Chinese Popular Religion. Chinese society. Description: The phrase ‘Chinese popular religion’ does not have a direct definition since there are no specific doctrines that apply to its numerous religious practices, and it also lacks a general structure or system....4 pages/≈1100 words | 3 Sources | APA | Religion & Theology | Essay |