Essay 1. Cryptocurrency. Mathematics & Economics Essay (Essay Sample)
1. “Application: Will Bitcoin Become the Money of the Future” on page 55 in the textbook. 2. “Is Bitcoin a Real Currency? An Economic Appraisal”. On Blackboard. 3. “Cryptocurrency: The Economics of Money and Selected Policy Issues”. On Blackboard.
• After reading the materials, answer briefly the following questions: o What is cryptocurrency? What is its main differences with fiat money? o Do you think any cryptocurrency like Bitcoins can serve as money and even replace the current fiat money system? Hint: you should answer from the three functions of money. o Try to collect as much information as you can about the new cryptocurrency Libra created by Facebook. What is its differences with Bitcoins? Which one do you think is more promising to be accepted as money by the public?
• You can have the same points and arguments as in the readings, but you should NOT copy or quote the original texts. Try to explain with your own words.
• You are encouraged to use the most recent data and figures to support your points if you think the data is too old in the materials, but make sure to cite the sources properly.
• Do NOT commit plagiarism!
• The essay should be written in a Word file with 1-2 pages (2 pages at most), 12-point Times New Roman font, single-line spacing, justified text alignment, and normal margins. Failure to follow these rules will impact your score.
• Submit by Friday February 28, 11:59EDT onto Blackboard.
Cryptocurrencies refer to digital currencies that use cryptographical functions in conducting financial transactions. The blockchain technology enables them to gain immutability, decentralization, and transparency. In particular, a cryptocurrency is immune to control by central authorities, banks, and government interference. Currently, despite many people knowing about the existence of cryptocurrencies, only a few individuals use it to transact. Banks do not accept deposits from these currencies due to their high risk and security-related problems. Cryptocurrencies, such as Ethereum and Bitcoin, use peer-to-peer technology in facilitating web-based payments.
- Discussion Board Mathematics & Economics Essay PaperDescription: Climate change has become a significant factor that many businesses must consider when making strategic decisions. Executive leaders understand the importance of not ignoring it since it makes the business operating environment unpredictable (Ip). They encounter several challenges ...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Economic Presentation Mathematics & Economics EssayDescription: The article “Unemployment Isn’t What It Used to Be” by Neel Kashkari portrays a significant change in the economy of the United States of America (USA). For many years, the American government has been focusing on various ways to reduce the rate of unemployment in the country...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |
- Market Structure - Behavior of Firms. Principles of MicroeconomicsDescription: In perfect competition, the market has many buyers and sellers trading similar or identical products where each buyer and seller is a price taker. Welch’s is an example of a company in a competitive juice market....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Mathematics & Economics | Essay |