HRM Employee Retention And Recruitment (Essay Sample)
Please write a short essay about the HRM. Please analyse the case study provided and answer the following question based on Employee Retention and Recruitment:
1. Using the learning material from the lectures identify recommendations to these issues.
2. What do think would be the top ten capabilities that an HR director/employer should have to be effective? Justify your choice.
Please read all documents that I upload for you. Read the case study, and answering these two questions. Also, please use materials that I uploaded for you to analyse.
Let me know if you have question.
EMPLOYEE RETENTION AND RECRUITMENT
The HRM is the branch of an organization that is responsible for recruiting and retaining qualified staffs that can help the organization realize its objectives. The process of recruiting and retaining eligible employees enables an organization to increases its productivity. This paper discusses some of the HR issues outlined in a case study of Happy Hotels and offers practical recommendations to the problems. The qualities that an HR director should possess are also described below.
The case study provides some key HR issues lacking in Happy Hotels. The most obvious problem is the lack of an HR position within the management. The hotel management assumes the role of HR with no human resource management skills at all. The hotels are inadequately staffed evidenced by the long queues during check in and check out at the reception desks and the slow services at its restaurants. The hotels have employed unskilled or unprofessional workers who are not diligent at their jobs evidenced by the poor manner in which the rooms are maintained. The improper payment system for employees within the hotels is another key HR issue since the pay is neither dependent on the skills or experience but on one’s ability to negotiate their salaries. The discrimination of female shift managers in some branches in terms of pay is also another HR issue to be addressed. The lack of discipline among employees is noticeable by the regular absenteeism of employees because of sickness. The inability to retain experienced workers by the hotel management is worth noting as an HR issue. The lack of inclusion of the employees in decision making by the hotel's management is also related to HR issues.
The HR issues discussed above can be remedied as discussed below. An office of a professional HR should be created, or a human resources consultant be engaged to establish strategic human resourc
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
- Animal testing Essays
- Obesity in america Essays
- World war 1 Essays
- Martin luther king Essays
- Minimum wage Essays
- People Force One Another To Be Crazy And BusyDescription: The article explains that people force one another to be busy. Therefore, they do not enjoy being busy but views it as a virtue without realizing that it was invented by God as a punishment to human beings....4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | MLA | Management | Essay |
- Case Analysis 2. Business Scenario Analysis. Management EssayDescription: The picture painted from the scenario espoused by the CIO regarding the organization is baffling. It ranges from a resigned attitude of employees, unmotivated staff, a poor communication plan, bad leadership skills, and styles. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | MLA | Management | Essay |
- Discussion: Legal Issues. Event Planning Case StudyDescription: The kind of contract which an event planner would get into contract for the execution of a large scale city event is the California Rodeo Salinas....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Management | Essay |