Theatre Histories Literature & Language Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Please read, Theatre Histories, sections titled - "Secular and early professional theatre," "Developments in Chinese drama, theatre and performance" AND "The growth of kunqu."
Then, please go through this PowerPoint: Yuan Plays
1) These plays are examples of "zaju" as explained in Theatre Histories and the powerpoint. Choose one play and describe how the performance elements of zaju could have and would have been incorporated into the play.
2) Knowing what you do about the occupation of China by Mongolia at the time these plays were written, how does each play reflect dissatisfaction with Mongol rule? (Label each paragraph about each play A,B,C).
3) (A) What are some similarities and differences between the performance practices of zaju and kunqu? (B) Compare the story of "The Peony Pavilion" to the Yuan plays you read and explain how its themes are either similar to or different from the Yuan plays.
The Theatre Histories describes the play “The Peony Pavilion.” It tells a love story of a woman who dies for a man she fell in love with within her dream. It turns out that the man was a real person who surfaces after the woman named Du Liniang died. The man sees Du’s portrait and falls in love with her too, and resurrects her from the dead (Carol et al., 5).
If the play elements of Zaju were incorporated in the play “The Peony Pavilion,” then it would be more exciting. Romantic poems and songs are excellent ingredients in a play. It would be wonderful if they were included in the script.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Song analysis Essays
- Animal cruelty Essays
- Kill a mockingbird Essays
- Homeless Essays
- Salem witch trials Essays
- Medicinal marijuana Essays
- The yellow wallpaper Essays
- Fear Essays
- Freedom of speech Essays
- Women rights Essays
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Ap Lang Essay Synthesis Essay Literature & Language EssayDescription: Honor codes are important elements of achieving academic integrity, especially in this era where schools are offering expanded hybrid and online learning. Despite their importance, the establishment of honor codes in certain schools has not eliminated the culture of “since “everyone else is cheating...3 pages/≈825 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Augustine Confessions and Rousseau Confessions Literature EssayDescription: In Rousseau's Confessions, early childhood education is vital in teaching and developing the characters of children. He believes giving a child a chance to express themselves helps them grow naturally and develop as free-thinking children. Realization of a child's full potential is accepted...4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Thinking Literature & Language Essay Research PaperDescription: Leadership is one of the essential roles in any community. As a Class President, an individual must exhibit credibility and lack any form of scandals that will decrease or affect his authority. In order to qualify for the position, it is expected for the student selected for the position of Class...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |