The Way to Wealth Literature & Language Essay Paper (Essay Sample)
Choose one of the following topics and write a complete, considered answer. Be sure to support your statements with evidence from the text, and be sure to document correctly. You MUST use direct quotes from the text or your paper will not be eligible for any grade higher than a C. Required length: 2-5 pages (500-1250 words). Use correct MLA format and citation techniques in your essay and your Works Cited list.
This assignment is due February 11.
4. Based on what you have read in in "The Way to Wealth," (Links to an external site.) how would Benjamin Franklin's values compare to the values of the Native Americans whose tales you read? Be sure to give specific examples and direct quotes from the tales and the essay to support your ideas.
5. Based on what you have read in in "The Way to Wealth," (Links to an external site.) how would Benjamin Franklin's values compare to the values of Winthrop and Bradford? Be sure to give specific examples and direct quotes from the essays we read for class to support your ideas.
The Way to Wealth
A former president of the United States, Benjamin Franklin promoted the values of hard work, care for the environment and enterprise. Apart from setting the trend for posterity, tolerance and diplomacy, he also endorsed inclusivity. He believed that everyone had an equal chance of bringing positive change to the great nation of America (Franklin 97). Like the Native Americans, he believed in collective responsibility, industriousness and using the natural resources—mainly land— productively and sustainably. While Benjamin Franklin may have adopted a different approach to leadership and entrepreneurship, he shared most of the values of the Native Americans.
The Way to Wealth exposes some of the virtues that Franklin endorsed. To begin with, he observed that the regime imposed high taxes on the citizens. Secondly, Franklin realized that people could turn around the situation instead of complaining. He reckoned that they could work harder and avoid too much sleep, which hurt productivity. To emphasize how sleep affected productivity, he said, “How much more than is necessary do we spend in sleep! forgetting that the sleeping fox catches no poultry” (Franklin 1)
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to language essays:
- Response paper to the reading on Fangyan. Literature & Language EssayDescription: Over the years, terminological imprecision, especially with the Chinese word Fangyan and its subsequent translation by the English word dialect has resulted in a chaotic scenario. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Communications Sector. Literature and Language Essay.Description: The communications sector is an integral aspect of the United States' economic factors. Some of the components in the economy include; business operations, public safety and government (CYBERSECURITY & INFRASTRUCTURE SECURITY AGENCY, n.d.)....6 pages/≈1650 words | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The chapter by Massey, Durand, and Malone. Literature & Language Description: The chapter by Massey, Durand, and Malone (2002) reveals that migration is a complex issue that is often misunderstood by public officials and citizens....1 page/≈275 words | Other | Literature & Language | Coursework |