Minor Assignment 2 - Op-Ed Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Minor Assignment 2 - Op-Ed
1. using a basic google search, or your local newspaper, please read an op-ed article that interests you.
2. Write a 2 page essay that:
- summarizes the article and the author
- discusses the author's rhetorical choices and effectiveness including their use of evidence
- analyzes how/if the author addressed opposition
- if not, please suggest what/how this could have been done
- ends with your overall impression of the article
3. don't forget proper MLA format and citations when needed. And yes, have a works cited.
The following are provided by partners
Course + Code:
Minor Assignment 2 - OP-ED
Community Solutions for Kids
Community solution for kids is an article written by the children's welfare department in America in a local newspaper. The article mainly focuses on the relationships that exist between children, parents, and childcare providers. The author argues that parents are the first teachers to their children (Child Welfare Department, 1). He states that parents teach them the morals and values of their families. On the other hand, he also believes that childcare providers such as neighbors, grandparents, doctors, and coaches play a significant role in influencing children's behavior. Hence, the stability and quality of these relationships affect children's development. The author states that children tend to learn more in their early years; thus, this learning influences their long-term development. The long-term growth determines the type of person the child will be in society.
- Minor Assignment 3: Logical Fallacies Literature & Language EssayDescription: Advertising today utilizes different tactics to get the consumer to buy the products. This has led to some ads using poor logic to explain to the consumer why they need the product by trying to make it appealing. These forms of persuasions try to manipulate the consumer into why they need the products...2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Bullying Literature & Language Essay Research PaperDescription: Bullying to some people is an emotional topic because of the experiences they have had at the hands of bullies. Bullies crush people’s confidence and rob them of their self-esteem. The effects of bullying can be long-term with extreme effects being an increase in suicide rates....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Women do not think beyond Fashion Literature & Language EssayDescription: Fashion is indeed a basic need for women, along with side food and shelter. The next social event is an opportunity for them to grab something new of boutique selves for their wardrobe. A good impression is vital for women; that is why they worry about the way they look more than how they will sustain it....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |