Kimmerer, Sacred And The Superfund Literature & Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Please note that I am an architecture major student. So the essay should be tightly connect to the field of architecture.
Essay must be submitted in PDF format. Single-spaced lines in Calibri, Arial, or other approved font. Font sizes 10- 12pt are acceptable.
Essays should be 1-page in length. Text should focus on the critical analysis of the text. Quotes and re-quoting of text or others should be kept to a minimum, no more than 10-20% of the entire essay. (Please at lease put in two quotes from the text.) The essay must focus its attention on the reading, other outside sources may be brought in, but only as secondary information to the main discussion.
07 December 2018
Sacred and the Superfund
Human activities have severe consequences for the environment, especially since the industrial revolution. Chemical use destroys fragile ecosystems; garbage pollutes land and water and emissions from energy production contributes to climate change. Restoring the environment and reversing these effects is a complex process that involves various efforts that differ from one place to another. In the chapter “The Sacred and the Superfund” in the book Braiding Sweetgrass Kimmerer (2013) discusses the sacred history, pollution, and restoration of Onondaga Lake. There are nine Superfund sites along the shores of the lake, which was one of the most sacred sites is now one of the most polluted lakes in the United States. This paper seeks to highlight the events surrounding the Onondaga Lake from its sacred history, pollution to restoration.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to pollution:
- Informal Inequity: Chapter Of Against The AnthropoceneDescription: For instance, new models of vehicles are introduced to the market on a daily basis, and new factories and residential colonies are built, giving rise to environmental, noise and water pollution....1 page/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- Multimodal Portfolio Writing Assignment Description: The solutions should be in a position to at least slow down or completely eliminate the trajectory of the human-imposed greenhouse gas emissions and consequential global climate changes....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Article |
- Creating A Sustainable Toledo Town With Zero Carbon FootprintDescription: Rapid population growth in Toledo town has contributed immensely to environmental pollution. Toledo city offers world-class museums, recreation, and waterfront entertainment and dining for visitors making it receive many visitors than any other town in Ohio. Besides, it is strategically located...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |