Chinese Studying In America: Ethnic Autobiography (Essay Sample)
Hi i am Chinese, so when you writing this essay, please as a chinese, thank you!
(_The Declaration of Independence_, Diner, AAA Statement on Race, Crenshaw, _The Danger of a Single Story) those can search online.
Essay One: Ethnic Autobiography
All of us belong to one or more ethnic groups. We may not think that ethnicity is important until we examine how it affects our day-to-day activities. I am a Chinese studying in America. Being Chinese has influenced the way I perceive issues. In this essay, I am going to examine how ethnicity relates to the way I do things. I will also demonstrate what it means to be Chinese in the American context. Studying in American is an opportunity to explore my ethnicity and appreciate who I am.
My ethnicity has offered me a platform to influence the world in my capacity. For instance, when I practice my Chinese cultural customs, I influence the world in terms of diversity. Since I am aware of the value of my culture, I seek to advocate for it. Hence, I make my contribution to making America the diverse nation it has become. American is a country that consists of individuals from different ethnic groups. Such diversity is what makes America a great country where individuals can practice their cultural values freely. My Chinese ethnicity has enabled me to influence the people I interact with on a daily basis. I have experiences that are different from theirs which offers me an opportunity to influence their thinking about the world. Being different and having different cultural practices is an opportunity for me to showcase what I can offer to others.
Given that America is a white-dominated society, I belong to the ethnic minorities in the nation. I must admit that being a minority has various challenges. Langston Hughes’ poem, Let America Be America Again, is a reflection of what American should actually be. In the poem, Hughes envisions of an America which is the “dream the dreamers dreamed” (Hughes np). Such a nation is where love flourishes and where no one rules over another. Hughes further dreams of America where there is liberty and individuals are free to live in the manner they want. In such a country, “opportunity us real,” and “life is free.” (Hughes np). However, as an ethnic minority in America, I have experienced quite the opposite of America that Hughes dreamed about. I do not feel that my ethnicity accords me the same opportunity as the ethnic majorities especially with the whites. I have been looked down upon because I am Chinese. I remember a day I was with my friends on a Friday evening when we were stopped by the police. The rest of my friends were white while I was the only non-white guy. The police suspected us and stopped our car. Surprisingly, I was the only one who was subjected to questioning by the while police. The encounter reminded me that while America is a land of opportunity, being a minority limits these opportunities.
Studying in American to me means that one should follow their cultural beliefs without any fear. While I live in America, I do not shy from demonstrating to my friends regarding my a
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Modest proposal Essays
- Domestic violence Essays
- The story of an hour Essays
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to american dream:
- Speech Presentation - The World That I Dream Of Description: Today, it may not be possible for me to understand why and when different global issues like unemployment, climate change, lack of education, and unavailability of pure drinking water have arisen...5 pages/≈1375 words | No Sources | APA | Creative Writing | Speech Presentation |
- Infinite Possibilities: Analyze Ethos In The CommercialDescription: Ethos can be regarded as an appeal to character and ethics. In other words, we can say that it is all about creating an impressive visual message in order to make the target audience trust something important...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Other (Not Listed) |
- Handmaid's Tale Case Study: Mother Daughter RelationshipsDescription: In this section several mother-daughter relationships are presented with an honesty that is sometimes brutal and sometimes sad. Choose any one of these relationships and describe it in detail. Why do you think Atwood presents it in this way?...3 pages/≈825 words | 1 Source | MLA | Literature & Language | Case Study |