The Issue: Art Appropriation or Appropriation Art? (Essay Sample)
The Issue: Art Appropriation or Appropriation Art?
Instructions for the paper are as follows:
***In approximately 2 pages, take a position on appropriation art. The position paper should be formal, organized to support a clear, controversial thesis position with specific reasons. The position should be validated with evidence from at least 3 sources; evidence may include description. The position paper should follow MLA style (format & documentation). Works Cited page needed.
**In addition, please identify what the thesis position is, I have to turn this in separately in my rough draft.
**The following are articles that are viewpoints to read and consider, according to the instructor.
*****I ordered a Discussion assignment regarding this topic and would like for the same writer to do both assignments so that the same information can be used in both assignments.
• Critical Response
Written product demonstrates analysis (compare/contrast, interpretation, evaluation and/or definition) that documents student's grasp of the topic and readings; the student articulates a well-defined position on a text or within a multi-faceted issue.
SLO: Read, reflect, and respond critically to a variety of texts.
Appropriate sources that build credibility of student and argument; effective attribution & correct quoting.
SLO: Develop ideas with appropriate support and attribution.
MLA style (in-text citations & full source citations) is correct, complete & document is correctly formatted.
SLO: Develop ideas with appropriate support and attribution
• Academic Writing
Writing displays formal voice & language; text follows thesis-based, top-down, structure that articulates claims first and validates all claims with evidence.
SLO: Write in a style appropriate to audience and purpose.
• Sentence Level Skill
Writing is concise (avoids wordiness, repetitive and redundant phrasing), specific, and error-free; demonstrates varied sentence structure and is easy to read (flows, avoids choppy or awkward phrasing).
SLO: Use Edited American English in academic essays.
• Process SLO
Written product demonstrates work on ideas & critical position in a discussion, development, or drafting stage; or, final product demonstrates a clear end-stage, well-developed position reached through process stages.
SLO: Demonstrate knowledge of individual and collaborative writing processes.
Appropriation is the “act of borrowing or reusing existing elements within a new work,” (Rowe, 1). Appropriation art is a developing concept embraced by many artists. It is a widely debated issue where originality and authorship aspects create problems concerning the legal aspect of art. Appropriation art forces an observer to form a new opinion of the art presented before them even if they are aware of the original artwork. Through photographing and manipulating, artists craft a technique of appropriation and provocation. The method draws its subjects from subcultures and cultural cliché (Weiss, n.p.). Art appropriation makes a familiar piece of art look strange and different and compels an observer to scrutinize something that requires a quick glance. Therefore, this idea can give a viewer a fresh idea about the new art.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
- Things fall apart Essays
- Abraham lincoln Essays
- Heart of darkness Essays
- Suicide Essays
- Fast food Essays
- Short story Essays
- French revolution Essays
- High school Essays
- Standardized testing Essays
- Marijuana Essays
- Brave new world Essays
- Respect Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Appropriation Art Discussion. Literature & Language CourseworkDescription: Art appropriation is an aspect that is globally developing as individuals and artists alike embrace it. It has issues up for debate especially originality and authorship which are issues that create problems especially in the legal aspect of art....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- Budget Project Part 2. Business & Marketing Essay Description: These days, it is too difficult to bring in a lot more money than we need to spend at home. However, there are some straightforward ways to reduce our spending (Cagen & Colgate, 2011). ...2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- AI Voice Assistants. The Innovation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) Voice Assistant Technolo. . .Description: The innovation and creation of artificially intelligent voice assistants is one of the promises of the internet. Generally, the internet wants to make everything easy to humans. Searching through the web is easy but searching through the web using the command of your voice is much easier....8 pages/≈2200 words | 6 Sources | APA | Communications & Media | Research Paper |