Animal Cognition: Evolution, Psychology Annotated Bibliography. (Essay Sample)
An annotated bibliography collects, describes, and analyzes research on a particular subject. Your annotated bibliography will be determined by a specific research question in an animal related scientific field (animal behavior, cognition, biology, evolution, psychology, et.). Formatting and citation style will be discussed in class.
A bibliography is a list of sources (books. Journals, Web sites, periodicals, etc.) one has used ror researching a topic. Bibliographies are sometimes called "References" or "Works Cited" aependlng on the style format you are using. A bibliography usually lust includes the bibliographic information (i.e., the author, title, Dublisher. etc 1.An annotation is a summary and/or evaluation. Therefore, an annotated
bibliography includes a summary and/or evaluation of each of the sources. Depending on
your project or the assignment, your annotations may do one or more of the following.
• Summarize: Some annotations merely summarize the source. What are the main arguments? What is the point of this book or article? What topics are covered? If someone asked what this article/book is about, what would you say? The length of your annotations will determine how detailed your summary Is.
• Assess: After summarizing a source, it may be helpful to evaluate it. Is it a useful source? How does it compare with other sources in your bibliography? Is the information reliable? Is this source biased or objective? What Is the goal of this source?Reflect* Once you've summarized and assessed a source, you need to ask how \\ fits into vour research. Was this source helpful to you? How does it help you shape your argument? How can you use this source in your research project? Has it changed how
you think about your topic?Requirements:ENGL 0163N I Annotated Bibliography.
Animal Cognition: Annotated Bibliography
Animal Cognition: Annotated Bibliography
The aim of this research is to investigate animal cognition and relate to the debate on the use animals in scientific studies. The field of animal cognition has been advanced by a number of disciplines, including cognitive sciences, animal learning and behavior, behavioral ecology, ethology, evolutionary psychology, and comparative psychology. Animal cognition seeks to describe the mental faculties of animals and how animals process and use the information they derive from their immediate environment. In particular, this research will assess the philosophical and ethological aspects of animal cognition using the past and existing knowledge. Ways of testing animal cognition provide means of understanding the subject and using the theory of mind in both animals and humans will be critical in drawing conclusions in regards to the question of animal cognition and animal experimentation (Marino & Christina, 2015). Conclusion from this research will serve as an invaluable reference while formulating policies that protect animals from cruel treatment in scientific laboratories.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to animal right:
- The great panda. Biological & Biomedical Sciences Term PaperDescription: panda Biological & Biomedical Sciences Term Paper. Topic 1: Select a species of interest (other than humans; perhaps a species you don’t know much about, or a species that you are interested in) and write about it from an evolutionary perspective. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | MLA | Biological & Biomedical Sciences | Term Paper |
- Cougar Meets Cougar is an artwork of Jonathan YoergerDescription: What kinds of things do you see in this art piece? What words would you use to describe this artwork? How would you describe the lines in this picture? The shapes? The colors? Look at the artwork for a moment, what observations can you make about it? ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Public Health Consequences of Using Antibiotics in ChickenDescription: In the United States, white meat is most preferred and so chicken has been redesigned in order for them to have enough breast meat. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |