A song Called "The Bigger Picture" Language Essay (Essay Sample)
Paper One will be an analysis/close reading of a song or poem of your choosing. This is not to be a summary. "The Bigger Picture" song By Lil Baby
• The paper must provide evidence and quotes from the text to support your analysis.
• It must include a thesis statement- review content in textbook and on Blackboard.
• It must adhere to MLA essay structure- See blackboard and textbook.
• It must be typed in Times New Roman, 12-point font and double spaced with 1-inch margins- MLA formatting.
• A Works Cited Page with your song or poem listed is required.
• You are free to use outside sources, but it is not required.
• It must be at least 2 full pages.
Analysis of Lil Baby’s The Big Picture
Racing is a vise that should be long forgotten, but surprisingly it seems to be sinking deep in contemporary society (Haylock). In the recent past, America has recorded a high number of racism cases. The case that so far sparked a revolution in America and around the world is killing George Floyd, an African American, in cold blood by Minneapolis police officers. From the trend of racism cases, black people are the most discriminated against. Lil Baby joined in the protest against racism using his talent as an artist in his song The Big Picture. This song paints a big and clear picture of the state of racism in the United States, which ironically is executed and promoted the police who should protect all Americans' rights.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to police brutality:
- Virtuous and Vicious Acts in Law Enforcement. Law EssayDescription: One of the most critical factors for police to consider before arresting in a domestic violence situation is the degree or intensity of the violence involved. When the situation causes harm or injury to the victim, an arrest is warranted....1 page/≈275 words | APA | Law | Essay |
- Differences in Perception: Police Violence Against Black Women VS Black MenDescription: Violence against people of color is a significant matter during the 21st century. The treatment to them, especially by the government officials and peace officers, is somewhat different from that of the White people....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Personal Ethical Situation Management Essay ResearchDescription: Over the last few months, there has a global reckoning over the police killing and racial injustice following the death of a 46-year-old African American man on May 25, 2020, in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Floyd was killed by one of the police officers, Derrick Chauvin, who had his knee on the victim’s neck....2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |