Personal Statement - Family Writing Assignment (Essay Sample)
First Paragraph (Already Written): With seconds left in overtime and facing a whole team attacking us, I activated my character’s ultimate. The precious few moments of invulnerability it gave him allowed for his own ultimate to devastate the opposing team and secure us a win. A few moments later, I heard my brother say “finally,” as he ranked up from bronze to silver. I told him to go to bed and screamed a good night to my mother. I had played an hour more than I had planned to, but it had been nice to find him so motivated while my father cheered us on and my mother clucked her disapproval with a steady stream of “ayas.” When you live 10,000 kilometers away, you take as much quality time as you can get. Even if it involves massive digitized destruction.
Second Paragraph: Talk about how I play video games with my brother every weekend and how the voice chats have become a chance for me to connect with my family from across the world. Also include that even though video games isn’t the main source of joy, rather it is the joy from being able to bond with family. Also include what it means to be a big brother and how that translates into taking care of everyone.
• The importance of family to me.
3rd Paragraph: Talk about my position as a prefect in the next paragraph, and how I have managed to present myself as a big brother figure to many of the residents in my dorm. Talk about the importance of family and what that has made me (on top of the prefect position) and what it means to me. Add that I have made my dorm into a big family where everyone cares for each other (we would start sharing things and treat each-other like brothers).
4th Paragraph: Talk about why we need families and each other in our society to feel better, and that does not only include literal family members.
• Also includes friends, relatives etc.
o The moral support they offer me day-in and day-out and talk about how it has helped me go through hardships in life.
Conclusion: Talk about the qualities about family that I hope to keep and how it has guided me in my life etc and talk about the personal development I have gained.
Personal Statement - Family
With seconds left in overtime and facing a whole team attacking us, I activated my character's ultimate. The precious few moments of invulnerability it gave him allowed his own ultimate to devastate the opposing team and secure us a win. A few moments later, I heard my brother say, "Finally," as he ranked up from bronze to silver. I told him to go to bed and screamed a goodnight to my mother. I had played an hour more than I had planned to, but it had been nice to find him so motivated while my father cheered us on and my mother clucked her disapproval with a steady stream of “ayas.” When you live 10,000 kilometers away, you take as much quality time as you can get. Even if it means massive digitized destruction.
Playing video games with my brother has always been a means of connecting with my entire family, despite the long distance between us. Every weekend, video games have been a weekly ritual and a means of connecting and forming a bond with my family, which shows that I have a great concerned for everyone. Voice chat has enabled my brother and I to interact about a wide variety of issues that pertains to video games as well as personal lives. For instance, we would be discussing how the game is proceeding, and I would ask, "How are things going at school?" Throughout the game, we would have an opportunity of sharing social talk and mundane stuff as we cheer each other on. Although video games are not the main source of joy, it creates an enjoyment since a person is able to bond with his family even when he is thousands of miles from home. As a big brother, the constant chats that I have with my younger sibling during the games, enables me to understand the issues that he is going through as he is growing up. The close connection that is created by the game not only acts as a means of bonding, but it e
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Hamlet Essays
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to video games:
- Can Video Games Cause Violence?Description: In this paper, we will describe why and how video games have contributed to aggressive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors on both a short-term and long-term basis....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | APA | Literature & Language | Coursework |
- How is this Society Embodying a Consumeristic Model?Description: Currently, there are a lot of issues in society today that continue to erode humanity’s values of love and care. People want the best for themselves and their families and do not seem to care about their neighbor or tomorrow....4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- How Is This Society Embodying A Consumerist Model?Description: Please write an essay about”How is this society embodying a consumeristic model ?” Between the book and the movie “Hunger Games”...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |