Student Portrait: Are You An Active Or A Passive Learner? (Essay Sample)
Discuss/Define Active v. Passive Learning Are you an Active or a Passive Learner? What, if anything, would you like to change about your learning style?How will you achieve this?
• Late submissions will be marked down
• Grammar, spelling and punctuation count
• No longer than 1 page, double spaced, typed
• Your writing is a reflection of you and your capabilities.
Date of Submission
Passive learning is where the learner just listens or receives information from the tutor without participating in the learning process. Active learning is where the student is involved in the learning process through activities such as exploring, communicating, reflecting, analyzing, and actually using the new information to different experiences (Entrepreneur Press 62).
I am an active learner. This is because I am always curious about the things around me and want to know more. I explore various materials I learn and how they relate to my current life or the world. I make connections between what I study in class with the world to try and gain more understanding of how these things work (Entrepreneur Press 62). In this way, I often discuss topics with
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to learning styles:
- Final Exam Essay: Significance Of Writing Skills Description: Learning is the best alternative to acquiring critical knowledge to expand vocabulary and significant information about different writing styles. ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Exciting Things about Being a Student at Boston UniversityDescription: Every student wants to be in an exciting learning environment where learning can be enjoyable. It is when a student is in an exciting educational institution that he or she can get motivated to give the best....1 page/≈275 words | No Sources | APA | Accounting, Finance, SPSS | Essay |
- Final Exam: The Most Important Piece Of Learning For Me Description: The paper I am writing is precise even if the topic is challenging, which is important because readers need to understand every detail of what I am discussing. ...1 page/≈275 words | 6 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |