Apple, Inc: Skimming Strategy To Sell The Iphones (Essay Sample)
Look up the website and/or store of the organization you have been following. (You can pick another organization to respond to this question).
Go to the website of the organization that you are following and confirm the following:
1) Is your organization is using skimming or penetration pricing strategy - to do this search two other competitors and decide what sort of pricing strategy? (Tip: it may be easier to use one product to compare or a category).
2) Do they apply different pricing strategies for different products and services? Why?
Apple, Inc is using the skimming strategy to sell the iPhones, as Apple charges high prices for products with the iPhone smartphone being the most popular. Competitors include Samsung Electronics Co, LG smartphones that are less expensive, whereby Samsung Galaxy is one of the most competitive smartphones in the U.S. and international market. When releasing new versions of the iPhone, Apple still uses the skimming price strategy and charges high prices, but lowers the prices over time. Nonetheless, Apple is unique as the company introduces high priced products and also defends the market share by focusing on adding value. Apple Inc sells premium products, and customers are willing to pay for high prices. Additionally...
- Vision And Mission Development In An OrganizationDescription: The institution's mission statement is, “To serve as a facilitator in learning and development for needy children through correspondence with businesses, educational leaders, government leaders and communities to build knowledge and skills needed for a constantly changing world.”...2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- My Most Important AccomplishmentsDescription: Business and Marketing Essay: My Most Important Accomplishments ...2 pages/≈550 words | No Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Increasing Tariffs: Protecting Domestic Industries From CompetitionDescription: In the article, “Trump's Rumored Tariff 'Going to Be Perceived as a Trade War'" raising tariffs exposes the country to threats that cause trade wars....2 pages/≈550 words | 1 Source | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |