Apple, Inc: Skimming Strategy To Sell The Iphones (Essay Sample)
Look up the website and/or store of the organization you have been following. (You can pick another organization to respond to this question).
Go to the website of the organization that you are following and confirm the following:
1) Is your organization is using skimming or penetration pricing strategy - to do this search two other competitors and decide what sort of pricing strategy? (Tip: it may be easier to use one product to compare or a category).
2) Do they apply different pricing strategies for different products and services? Why?
Apple, Inc is using the skimming strategy to sell the iPhones, as Apple charges high prices for products with the iPhone smartphone being the most popular. Competitors include Samsung Electronics Co, LG smartphones that are less expensive, whereby Samsung Galaxy is one of the most competitive smartphones in the U.S. and international market. When releasing new versions of the iPhone, Apple still uses the skimming price strategy and charges high prices, but lowers the prices over time. Nonetheless, Apple is unique as the company introduces high priced products and also defends the market share by focusing on adding value. Apple Inc sells premium products, and customers are willing to pay for high prices. Additionally...
- The Booming Of Chinese Online Marketing AssignmentDescription: Access to mobile phone has changed the Chinese marketing landscape, and this is especially as internet enabled mobile devices are common...4 pages/≈1100 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Rent Control Needs Retirement, Not A Comeback By Megan McArdleDescription: The article, “Rent control needs retirement, not a comeback,” by Megan McArdle, published in the Bloomberg View, discusses why the re-adoption of the rent control policy is a bad idea due to the problems it causes to the real estate industry...1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- To Jeff Bezos, CEO Amazon, Inc: President Trump’s Tax Reform ProposalDescription: This memo will address President Trump’s proposed tax changes on corporate taxation and repatriation tax as well as impact of the proposal on Amazon and the company’s policies....2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |