PERSUASIVE REPORT. Corporate Social Responsibility. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
writing in single space, and follow the guidelines provided in the Persuasive Report Format document. Please read each document carefully.
PERSUASIVE REPORT DUE: FRIDAY, MARCH 6 AT 11:59PM
Your company is starting a new corporate social responsibility (CSR) initiative and your manager has asked you to help select a nonprofit to create a partnership with. Write a report to your manager containing information about 2 nonprofits to consider for the organization’s new CSR initiative. Include the strengths of each organization and your recommendation (with a rationale) for which organization to select.
You may choose local, national, or international organizations. Since we will use the Make-A-Wish Foundation as an example, you cannot use this for your report. Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
Corporate social responsibility (CSR) describes a company’s efforts to improve society. This can include donating money to nonprofits, implementing environmentally friendly policies in the workplace, and providing employees time to volunteer1.
Why Companies Care About CSR:
• 94% of Gen Z believe companies should help address social and environmental issues2
• 92% of consumers have a more positive image of companies that support social issues and environmental efforts3
• 87% of consumers said they would be willing to buy a product or service based on a company's advocacy concerning a social matter.4
• 63% of American consumers want businesses to take the lead on social and environmental
Corporate giving in 2017 increased to $20.77 billion, up 8% from 20161. Companies frequently
highlight CSR efforts in their marketing and recruiting efforts (for example: EY and CBIZ). Click here for examples of company CSR initiatives.
Gather information from 8 credible sources. You should include 4 sources about each nonprofit.
The organization’s website (and any other information written by the organization) can count as 1 source. The organization’s 990 Form does not count as a source written by the organization.
Make sure you can find 4 credible sources about each organization. If you cannot find 4 sources about an organization, select a different organization for the assignment.
Select high-quality sources to enhance the credibility of your report. Use a variety of types of evidence to provide complete information about the organization. Consider sources that your reader will find most useful.
1. Corporate Social Responsibility: The Definitive Guide, Double the Donation
2. Cone Communications, 2017 Cone Gen Z CSR Study
3. Clodagh O'Brien, 16 Brands Doing Corporate Social Responsibility Successfully, Digital Marketing Institute 4. Wayne Elsey, Why Your Company Should Be More Socially Responsible, Forbes
Your report should include both quantitative and qualitative information about each nonprofit.
• Include financial information (where does the money come from and how is it spent)
• Include testimonials from volunteers or people who benefit from the organization
• Include information from Charity Navigator for each organization (if available)
Citing Your Sources
In the text of the document, all 8 sources must be cited using the guidelines provided on Blackboard. It should be clear where each piece of information is from. Refer to the Citation Guidelines on Blackboard.
Limit your use of direct quotes. The majority of the report should be in your own words. Do not quote multiple sentences or paragraphs from a source. Paraphrase the information in your own words. Failure to properly cite your sources is plagiarism and will result in a zero for the assignment.
Follow the guidelines provided in the Persuasive Report Format document on Blackboard. Your report must follow one of the organizational patterns explained on the format document.
Your report should be at least 2 pages. You will not earn points just for reaching this page length; please refer to the rubric for grading criteria. However, most students require 2 pages to create a persuasive report.
Submit to Blackboard:
1) A report with information about 2 nonprofits and your recommendation for which organization to partner with for the company’s new CSR initiative. Include evidence about each nonprofit in the report to demonstrate the strengths of the organization. The report should cite all 8 sources in the text of the document. Use at least 1 visual element (chart, graph, table, or other visual) in the text of the report; this must be incorporated in the document and cited. 2) A reference list including your 8 sources. Please see the Citation Guidelines on Blackboard for information on how to format your reference list. Grading Criteria: Review the Persuasive Report Rubric on Blackboard. Total Points Possible: 100
Research Summary & Report Draft
Your Research Summary (10 points) and draft (10 points) are both due to Blackboard before the Persuasive Report deadline. Please see the course schedule for due dates.
Bring 2 printed copies of your draft to class for the writing workshop. Please see the course schedule for writing workshop dates.
Name of Student
Name of Institution
Corporate Social Responsibility
Following the findings of the possible nonprofit organizations to partner with for Corporate Social Responsibility creation with the society, the Greenpeace and Americares have been spotted. This report gives the profile of each. The report provides a recommendation for AmeriCares, and it is organized in a way that the organizations identified are given and their strength giving the reasons why one would be preferable for partnership. The organizations both have websites and can be visited for more information about them or to prove the data collected about them in the research.
Organization 1: Greenpeace
Financial support and global reach
Greenpeace is an international non-governmental, nonprofit environmental organization. It was formed in 1971 by environmental activists Irving Stowe and Dorothy Stow and fights
- Stop Making Plans Start Making Decisions by Mankins, Richard SteeleDescription: As per the case study, what are the two problems in organizations that lead to failure of most strategic planning? 2 points Timing; even when there is sufficient time allocated for strategy development to enable executives...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- My Values and What is Important to Me Business & Marketing EssayDescription: I am a strong believer in purposeful living. Enjoying every moment and making the best of every circumstance. There are many instances when I was happy. However, the happiest moment occurred 3 years ago when I reconciled with my father after being at loggerheads for months...1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- The Memo 1 Business & Marketing Essay Research Paper Description: Grolsch is an outstanding corporate based in the Netherlands with a huge market share in Northern Europe. It traced its roots as a brewery in Groenlo, Dutch, when Willem Neerfeldt acquired it. It was later managed by Theo J. De Groen who in 1897, introduced the grand ceramic swing-top bottle...5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Business & Marketing | Essay |