Performing Arts: Personal Review of Whitney Biennial (Essay Sample)
This assignment is your personal review of the Whitney Biennial. Before you write your review, read the following:
1. The Whitney's overview of the exhibition, which includes a list of all participating artists, their biography and examples of their work; 2. A few reviews (culled from various sources)
Focus on the following in your review:
1.How is the show organized? Look at the sections on the various floors.
2.What are some of the social, political, and aesthetic issues addressed? Provide a couple of examples.
3. Discuss one or two works you found meaningful. Discuss one or two works you found disappointing. Choose two of the reviews you have read. Select a couple of points from each review and discuss whether you agree or disagree with them.
4. How would you describe your overall experience of the show? In what ways do you think the show was effective and /or ineffective?
Visual & Performing Arts
Personal Review of Whitney Biennial
The collection of works representing Whitney Museum of America’s Art collection is displayed on the sixth and the seventh floor. The works are organized in a sequence that can be described as chronological starting from the seventh floor. The presentations are then subdivided into thematic chapters, seven in number. The name of each section is based on a work’s title that kindles the animating impulse of a section. The exhibitions bring out themes, passions, beliefs and ideas that showcase the struggle of the American’s Artists who have struggled to work along with and against the interventions that have been established by incorporating both social and political contexts.
Most of the works are displayed together on all medium. This shows the various modes that artists have engaged in their production and have dissolved differences that could otherwise have created boundaries between them. The work Byron Kim’s Synecdoche (1991-present) is an art of over 400 grid squares each with a different skin tone which works to counteract the racial prejudice. Apart from the issues of racism, other social issues addressed by Whitney Biennial are the access to equal opportunities, financial debts, and violence a...
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Summary of Moral / Ethical Issues in the ArticleDescription: Describe the moral and ethical dilemmas surrounding the issue. Analyze the ethical issue and compare them to the State Health Laws and Regulations in your state...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Critique Of The Selected Article: Behavior AnalyticDescription: I have attached the article and the rubric that needs to be followed. Please use titles for the different sections of the critique....5 pages/≈1375 words | 1 Source | APA | Psychology | Essay |
- SMART Goals Research: Goal, Format, ReflectionDescription: It's important to mention at this time that organization's also use the S.M.A.R.T. goal format to assist in reaching its strategic plans and objectives. ...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |