Third assignment response. Visual & Performing Arts Essay (Essay Sample)
• Read: The Analytical Language of John Wilkins by Jorge Luis Borges. This is very short, and very strange.
1. Describe in detail what is problematic about the Analytic Language of John Wilkins or in The Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge (100-200 words)
2. What do you think Borges is trying to communicate about language? (100-150 words).
Make sure to spell all names correctly. Use citations for any quotations. Always introduce or summarize the quotation with your own words.
The Analytical Language of John Wilkins
Born in 1642, Wilkins was a philosopher who proposed a language and is explained in the essay called "The Analytical Language of John Wilkins" (Ricketts, 2020). His expression was based on a system of classification that would code something's description into a word itself. In examining Wilkin’s scheme with examples, Borges, however, did not have full access to his actual work but based his comments on others too.
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to art essays:
- Fouth Assignment response. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: The epistemic virtue of “truth to nature” means that objectivity and truth-to nature are estimable, although they differ in consequential ways such as how science is done and the kind of people that should do it....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Begin by locating an article related to leading by example. Description: This paper reports on a research by Loerakker and Winden (2016) who sought to find out the impact of leading by example on the behavior of followers. ...2 pages/≈550 words | APA | Management | Essay |
- Wonders of Art, Wonders of Nature. Wonders and the Order of NatureDescription: Cabinet of curiosities (wunderkammern): These are rooms where elite scholars (princes and members of the aristocracy) displayed their most epic work of art. The displays represented the creators’ understanding of the environment....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |