comparison of Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and Pushing Hands (Essay Sample)
This Final Paper (at least five 1.5-spaced pages, using 12-point Times New Roman font, with proper footnotes and bibliography/reference) should be a critical analysis (not a plot summary) of the works discussed, and should involve solid research in secondary sources.
Possible topics include comparing and contrasting two films from the screening list, or examining how conflicts are portrayed and resolved through cinematic language and cultural contexts.
The paper should follow the MLA style of documentation. Any form of dishonesty including plagiarism will be prosecuted following the University regulations.
Please save your work in the required name format "LastName,FirstName_FinalPaper" for the electronic copy. Please be advised that No PDF work is accepted.
MLA Citation Style - mla.org
The Modern Language Association (MLA) establishes values for acknowledging sources used in a research paper. MLA citation style uses a simple two-part parenthetical documentation system for citing sources: Citations in the text of a paper point to the alphabetical Works Cited list that appears at the end of the paper.
Comparison Between Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon And Pushing Hands
The document presents a contextual analysis of two Chinese films by comparing and contrasting the ideas presented therein. It also examines conflicts as portrayed in the two films and how they were resolved using cinematic language and cultural contexts. The basis of the comparison of these Chinese films are in terms of plot analysis and actors of the films, film production, reception in the market, and awards accorded and title definition and relevance
Title Definition and Relevance
Title definition and relevance of the film Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon is a befitting title to the film drawn from an infamous Chinese idiom describing an invisible or unnoticeable strong force. It demonstrates strong feelings, passions, desires, and power hidden behind the simplicity of social life. This hidden power can only be unleashed when triggered by an equally strong counterforce. (Ang Lee et al.,61). This title's relevance has been portrayed throughout the film through characters like Jen, who could not be considered skillful, but they have been sharpening their Wudang skills to the expert level in the hidden.
Title definition and relevance of the film Pushing Hands
Pushing hands is also a befitting title of the film that is part of tai chi arts teaching that urges tai chi practitioners to yield when countered with a brutal strong force. Mr. Chu was a tai chi master who was brutally persecuted on the eve of tChina'scultural revolution. This forced Mr. Chu to send his son to America, but his wife was killed in the process. Pushing hands also illustrates an unwelcome foreign American culture that Mr. Chu encountered When he first arrived in America. Several opposing forces countered his struggles for self-dignity and independence. Still, he finally finds a place in the strange American Society when he settles to teach tai chi in Chinatown.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Social networking Essays
- A good man is hard to find Essays
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Musical Experiences. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: Paul D. Miller is both a creator who executes under the name DJ Spooky and a media theorist who publishes widely on Sound Art. His essay, Sonic Sculptures, was published at the dawn of social media and meme culture....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Music Apprehension: Mozart versus Wagner. Visual & Performing Arts.Description: The Magic Flute is a composure by Mozart that includes singing and dialogue, thus a singspiel in German. Mozart's Magic Flute Papageno-Papagena duet and Wagner's Valkyrie Love scene duet reveal the theme of love and evil versus good....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Early Medieval Response Paper. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: The Lindisfarne Gospels is an insular script that offers many Celtic-style decorative elements of the gospels of Mathew, Mark, Luke and John and was created in 7th and 8th century CE....2 pages/≈550 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |