Chinese artist: Zhang Huan. Visual & Performing Arts Essay (Essay Sample)
Contemporary Asia Research and Papers
Each student will select one contemporary Asian artist(I selected Chinese artist:Zhang Hua).
The student can research and write paper based on:
- 1 artist, a series of work, supported by postcolonial theory
Mid-term 5-page paper
- Title, thesis argument, abstract paragraph, outline, working list of biblio
- 5 pages paper (using at least 3 writers from class) with footnote Or endnote, and list of bibliography
China has always been – remains to be – misunderstood. Culturally, China is stereotyped as exotic, if not incomprehensible, by and in Western art and exhibitions. In more recent decades, contemporary Chinese art has been undergoing radical changes in an attempt to reclaim, or perhaps reimagine, China. In a postcolonial, post-Cultural Revolution period, however, Chinese art is hard pressed between official claims on country’s historical art, actual or imagined, to project a New China, and genuine experimentations spearheaded by leading avant-garde artists. In current research project, Zhang Huan epitomizes a new wave of Chinese artists who, in unique subversion of conventional cultural and artistic conventions, redefine Chinese art (and cultural history) for international audiences eager to “decipher” a puzzling China, now in purely native voices. This research project offers a broad overview of underlying dynamics in contemporary Chinese scene, proceeds to present an understanding of postcolonial art in Chinese context, provides an in-depth analysis of origins, influences and meanings in Huan, particularly in using body as and for art, and, finally, wraps up by a general; conclusion.
- 9th assignment.The Two Cultures: A Response. Visual & Performing Arts Description: The intellectual community is not united. According to Snow, intellectual community is divided up into one of science and a second of men of letters or writers....1 page/≈275 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Cultural Appropriation. Visual & Performing Arts EssayDescription: Culture has a rich set of widely accepted definitions all over the world. The word originated from the Latin word colere which means, to cultivate (Cobley). Culture consists of customary beliefs, different social forms, and traits of race, religion or social groups....6 pages/≈1650 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |
- Film Review Visual & Performing Arts Essay Research PaperDescription: I Love a Man in Uniform is a movie that speaks to the complexity of the notion of identity. Tom McCamus plays the lead role as Henry Adler and his acting prowess makes the movie and the theme of identity even more intriguing. The film depicts an aspect of delusion and confusion as Henry...5 pages/≈1375 words | MLA | Visual & Performing Arts | Essay |