Principles of Organisational Behavior and Human Resource Management (Essay Sample)
Critically evaluate the following statement: "An organisation’s effectiveness depends on the successful interplay of individuals, groups, and the organisation as a whole.” From the topics discussed in the lecture material and in the workshops, please select one topic at each level (individuals, groups, organisation) and a) explain how theories from each topic determine an organisation's effectiveness. 1b) Explain what role Human Resource Management plays in integrating the different levels.
Please include a discussion of how effective your group worked to complete your group presentation that you gave in your workshop. Your discussion of the group project should be linked to relevant content covered in the module. If you did not participate in the group presentation, you must discuss how social loafing can affect a group’s presentation (i.e., the social loafing case from Workshop 4).
give less specific examples and/or discuss the relevant theories covered in the module.
The article is simple and easy to understand, the grammar does not need to be too advanced
Critically evaluate the following statement: "An organization’s effectiveness depends on the successful interplay of individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole.”
Principles of Organisational
Behavior and Human Resource Management
4TH AUGUST 2018
This assignment sets out to critically evaluate the statement that, “An organization’s effectiveness depends on the successful interplay of individuals, groups, and the organization as a whole.” Organizations comprise of systems, individuals, and groups with differing structures and values. This conflict of interest between individuals and groups can lead to conflicts due to competing interests. In a competitive environment, conflicts could emerge hence leading to group dysfunction, hostility and communication breakdown. The assignment will critically evaluate the above statement about the individual, groups, and organizations. The paper will also discuss how different theories from each topic determine organizational effectiveness and the role of human resource management in the attainment of organizational effectiveness. Finally, the paper will discuss the approach taken in completing the group project.
The Role of Individuals
Individual employees play an important role in organizational effectiveness. It is true that organizational effectiveness is predicated on the successful interplay between individuals. Workplace interpersonal relationships and behavior provides an ideal atmosphere for the development of isophormic relationships at the organizational level (Derue et al., 2011). These interpersonal relationships between senior management and their subordinates are critical to the achievement of optimal organizational performance.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Illegal immigration Essays
- Civil rights movement Essays
- Poetry analysis Essays
- Racial discrimination Essays
- Sociological imagination Essays
- Feminist Essays
- Industrial revolution Essays
- Culture Essays
- Drunk driving Essays
- Cell phone Essays
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Property Profession Vs Accounting Profession. Social Sciences EssayDescription: The property and real estate profession is gaining a lot of attention in Australia and around the world. Similarly, existing professions such as accountancy also enjoy its fair share of respect and recognition around the world for its indispensable contribution to the world’s economy....1 page/≈275 words | 1 Source | Harvard | Social Sciences | Essay |
- What factors contribute most to employee satisfaction? Description: For quite a long time, employee engagement and satisfaction has been the subject of different research projects, and experts mainly focus on absenteeism, turnover rate, devotion to work, pay packages, and other aspects....5 pages/≈1375 words | 3 Sources | Harvard | Social Sciences | Essay |
- The Effects Of Technology On The Accounting ProfessionDescription: The mechanization and automation of the basic accounting practices was the onset of a revolution within the field as more business organizations take to advanced technological applications in accounting for their businesses....5 pages/≈1375 words | 4 Sources | Harvard | Social Sciences | Essay |