3 pages/≈825 words
Health, Medicine, Nursing
Effect of vit. D and genes on multiple sclorosis patient (Essay Sample)
I would like to write about how vit. D and genes help to reduce the risk of multiple sclerosis. I need to find the gap on the vit. D and genes studies. regards source..
EFFECT OF VIT D AND GENES ON MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS PATIENT
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1.1 RISK FACTORSâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...3
2. RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN VITAMIN D AND MS â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..â€¦..4
2.1 IN WOMENâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦.â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..â€¦4
2.2 IN BLACK PEOPLEâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦....5
3. VITAMIN D AND GENE REGULATIONâ€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦..â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦â€¦...5
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is one of the common inflammatory diseases affecting the central nervous system represented by loss of myelin sheath, pathology of axon and progressing neurological dysfunction. However, the exact etiology of multiple sclerosis is unknown; it is evident that environmental factors and genetic components are essential (Ramagopalan, 2008). Charcot in the year 1868 was the first to describe Multiple sclerosis as a chronic frequently debilitating neurological condition affecting young adults (Murray, 2005). In the US, the estimated people suffering from MS are about four lakh, and it is approximately 2 million globally. Most of them are diagnosed in the 25-50 age groups, even though it can occur even in older adults and young children (Halper & Holland, 2010). This auto-immune inflammatory demyelinating condition is clinically represented by relapse and remission in the neurological dysfunctions. A typical relapse is always manifested by optic neuritis, relapse over a week and remission after one month from the relapse time. However, resolution takes place over a period of two to three months (McDonald & Ron, 1999).
The two main risk factors of MS are environmental and genetic, with complex interaction taking place among them; de...
Get the Whole Paper!
Not exactly what you need?
Do you need a custom essay? Order right now:
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Role of Iron during PregnancyDescription: Health and Medicine Essay: Role of Iron during Pregnancy...2 pages/≈550 words | 12 Sources | Harvard | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Importance of Iron in PregnancyDescription: Health and Medicine Essay: Importance of Iron in Pregnancy...5 pages/≈1375 words | 18 Sources | Harvard | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |
- Is Genetic Screening Morally Good?Description: Health and Medicine Essay: Is Genetic Screening Morally Good?...2 pages/≈550 words | 2 Sources | Harvard | Health, Medicine, Nursing | Essay |