Dissertation Proposal: Fan Culture. Communications & Media Essay (Essay Sample)
Report (dissertation proposal) Dissertation Proposal:
• Proposed title
• Outline of topic and research question
• Context of this research: why is this kind of topic/question relevant? What are the
existing debates in the field? Does it have importance in relation to broader social
• Methods and approaches
• Ethical issues and reflections. Check whether your project needs ethical approval:
• How will you approach the research? What methods, concepts and approaches will
you need and how will they help you explore your question?
• Projected Dissertation Outline (this should include chapter headings with brief
• Research plan and timetable: what will you do and when?
The plan should include a timeline for the following: developing questions; reading;
developing methods and approaches; doing the research; analysing the materials; writing up the research; drafting the dissertation; getting feedback; redrafting; proof reading; submission.
Through these assessments you should demonstrate that you can: 13
• Identify a relevant area of research in consultation with the module tutor.
• Demonstrate systematic understanding of appropriate Media and Cultural Studies
• Utilize and critically evaluate a range of primary and secondary sources relevant to
the proposed research topic.
• Acquire the relevant advanced research skills and techniques and use them in the
preparation and selection of an individual dissertation topic.
I will upload my proposal draft and some examples.
My Preferred Writer is #00075781, but I can not find this writer in the list. Please let #00075781 be the writer of this order. Thank you so much.
DISSERTATION PROPOSAL: FAN CULTURE
Date of Submission
DISSERTATION PROPOSAL: FAN CULTURE
To what extent does fan culture affect the entertainment stars consumer market?
The aspect of fan culture plays a significant role, especially in creation as well as the development of the consumer market. In this paper, the term fan will generally refer to that kind of a person’s devotion towards a particular type of activity or subject. The fan culture majorly relies on the nature of communication from the entertainment stars’ performances. This proposal looks at the relevance of fan culture on the extent of consumption of entertainment productions. The inter-connected relationship between the fan culture and consumerism proves necessary towards the continual promotion of entertainment stars. There are various key activities as well as productions that define fan culture. These include the language of communication, costumes used, the fan art, the ‘filking’ as well as the nature of organized outlets for fan activities. All these activities and productions represent modes of communications. Therefore, the nature of communication that takes place between the fans leads to the creation of fan culture as well as the community. The fan culture is represented by its language referred to at times as `fanspeak’ where there is an adaptation to certain words as well as phrases that help in creating a jargon that only the fans can understand. Importantly, the fans are capable of creating their forms of art referred to as ‘fan art’ and music.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Art Essays
- Sociology Essays
- Capital punishment Essays
- Imperialism Essays
- Childhood obesity Essays
- Nursing career Essays
- Physician assisted suicide Essays
- Ethnography Essays
- Dance Essays
- Depression Essays
- Conflict Essays
- Scientific Essays
- Human rights Essays
- Career Essays
- A rose for emily Essays
- Personal experiences Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to culture essays:
- The Influences On Culture In Ancient China By The Silk RoadDescription: The Great Silk Road remains fundamental in understanding the history of civilization and cultural diversity in the vast region of Central Asia. Various scholars have sought to understand the history and the interaction of the Chinese people with the Silk Road with Eurasia and the rest of the world...6 pages/≈1650 words | 11 Sources | Chicago | History | Essay |
- Japanese Culture Literature & Language Essay PaperDescription: All cultures are strange when viewed from the lens of another culture. For Westerners, Asian, Middle East, and the Far East cultures are very ‘unwelcoming,’ and the people are cold while to the inhabitants of these regions find Western cultures very hypocritical and disrespectful....5 pages/≈1375 words | 5 Sources | APA | Literature & Language | Essay |
- The Gym Culture in the United StatesDescription: Why are you interested in the scene you’re focusing on in the paper? Is it the place? The people? The groups? Are you a member of this community or not? Address any or all of these questions as you engage your readers and lead them to your thesis statement. ...5 pages/≈1375 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Literature & Language | Essay |