Strategic Analysis Report on McDonald’s. Business & Marketing Essay (Essay Sample)
2000 words excluding reference list, figures, tables and appendices
The purpose of this assignment is to develop a better understanding of the strategic context of the above Project Plan by analysing an organisation (using internal analysis techniques) and its external environment (using external analysis techniques). The best starting point is to select an organisation relevant to your Project Plan topic and then identify which sector or industry the organisation is located within. Note that selecting a particular organisation to analyse for the Strategic Analysis Report does not mean that this organisation will necessarily be the focus of your Project Plan. However, it should have some relevance to your topic area.
In the Strategic Analysis Report you must:
1 Undertake strategic analysis by applying strategic analysis techniques appropriate to your research topic – you should use both internal analysis techniques (to analyse your selected organisation) and external analysis techniques (to analyse its sector / industry)
2 Identify the key strategic issues emerging from your analysis
For example, your Project Plan may explore student perceptions of different High Street Banks. For such a study, your strategic analysis report might (1) select a specific bank (e.g. Lloyds) and conduct an internal analysis of its resources and capabilities using tools such as VRIO and /or Value Chain Analysis, (2) explore the external environment within which the bank is operating, using tools such as PESTLE, Porter’s 5 Forces or strategic group analysis, and (3) draw out the key strategic issues that emerge from the analysis you have undertaken.
A full reference list should be included.
The key is to identify the organisational, industry or sector context of your topic. For most studies, this will be straightforward. For others, more thought may be needed. Guidance is available via surgeries to help you to identify the focus of your report.
Strategic Analysis Report Marking Criteria:
• evidence of research
• ability to undertake strategic analysis
• ability to identify key strategic issues
• ability to present a coherent, well-structured and referenced report
Remember that using lots of analysis tools won’t necessarily result in a higher mark – we will be assessing the quality of your analysis, not the quantity of techniques used. We recommend that you use a maximum of 4 analysis tools.
Please note that no more than 10% of submissions should be directly quoted from sources. We allow no more than 10% leeway on the word limit of each assignment.
Please also work on the following: Work on assignment 2 of the attachment. 2. If there are no resources required you could use other resources 3. font size 12 arial 4. Add Harvard Reference.
Strategic Analysis Report on McDonald’s
Strategic Management Report
Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) plays a central role in helping to reduce the costs, and also it helps in optimizing the performance of an industrial enterprise. In the case of MacDonald's, SRM has contributed a lot to the manner in which its internal and external environment affects the organization. This paper will use the porters five forces framework, PESTLE, value chain analysis and VRIO to evaluate the internal and the external environment of MacDonald's.
Porters five forces framework
MacDonald's is facing a lot of external impacts in the hotel industry due to the competition in the industry. This can be best explained by the porters five forces framework as seen below.
Competitive rivalry or competition – Strong Force
There are plenty of fast food joints selling similar food products like those sold by MacDonald's. Therefore, this gives the customers a wide range of variety of the joints that they can eat from. The restaurant faces a strong force of competition due to the high number of firms in the same industry, the aggressiveness of the firms and their ability to switch products at a low cost (Coker and Porter, 2017).
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Implementing E-learning in Organizations Description: Critically assess the practical challenges to implementing a strategic approach to human resource development. What can HR professionals do to help overcome these practical challenges? ...9 pages/≈2475 words | 14 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Legal And Institutional Context In Which Hrm Is PracticedDescription: The introduction offers an overview of the business environment and the impact merges and acquisitions present to the role of HRM. ...11 pages/≈3025 words | 11 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Marketing Planing and Projects Business & Marketing EssayDescription: All Plastics Engineering Pty Ltd is a privately owned company based in Australia that specializes in the supply of plastic/polymer materials for building, industrial, and architectural applications. The various architectural and building plastics supplied by the company include acrylic materials, decorative...2 pages/≈550 words | 5 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |