Competitive Advantage Of Nations (BRICS) (Essay Sample)
Q. Michael Porter in his article “The Competitive Advantage of Nations‟ –states that “ National prosperity is created, not inherited”. Based on your B301B materials, you are required to critically discuss in details how countries like Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa (BRICS) have created their prosperity. Support your answer with relevant examples?
The answer should be based on Porter's diamond dimensions as how each of these countries achieved these dimensions.
1. Factor conditions.
2. Demand conditions.
3. Related and supporting industries.
4. Firm strategy, structure, rivalry.
Competitive Advantage of Nations: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)
The factor conditions relate to the availability of resources and skills and Brazil has huge natural resources and her location in the tropics, allows the company to expand the hydroelectric potential from the Amazon River. The country has also invested in infrastructure and agriculture to remain competitive.
The demand condition relates to the market demand and customer needs. The Brazilian home market is large because of the country...
- My Experience While Taking The Thematic Independent StudiesDescription: A deep elucidation of how my experience while taking the Thematic Independent Studies course has been. My aim has always been to improve myself and to ensure that I am well able to handle anything that comes my way....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Benefits And Drawbacks Of Company Moving Its Production OperationDescription: Discuss the benefit and drawbacks of a company moving its production operations to a developing county. Consider the social, economic and political effects....3 pages/≈825 words | 5 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- TIS Reflective Report: Personal DevelopmentDescription: It explored the concepts of relationship marketing and customer loyalty, and elucidated on their developments as well as the benefits derived from their strategic implementation. ...3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |