Competitive Advantage Of Nations (BRICS) (Essay Sample)
Q. Michael Porter in his article “The Competitive Advantage of Nations‟ –states that “ National prosperity is created, not inherited”. Based on your B301B materials, you are required to critically discuss in details how countries like Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa (BRICS) have created their prosperity. Support your answer with relevant examples?
The answer should be based on Porter's diamond dimensions as how each of these countries achieved these dimensions.
1. Factor conditions.
2. Demand conditions.
3. Related and supporting industries.
4. Firm strategy, structure, rivalry.
Competitive Advantage of Nations: Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa (BRICS)
The factor conditions relate to the availability of resources and skills and Brazil has huge natural resources and her location in the tropics, allows the company to expand the hydroelectric potential from the Amazon River. The country has also invested in infrastructure and agriculture to remain competitive.
The demand condition relates to the market demand and customer needs. The Brazilian home market is large because of the country...
- Attract Multinational Corporations And Protect Domestic FirmsDescription: Multinational companies (MNCs) are the organizations establishing themselves in multiple countries and expanding their network with the passage of time, but the headquarters and origins of those companies lye in one state only....2 pages/≈550 words | 3 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- People Management (OLDL/6HR003): Importance of Training and DevelopmentDescription: Identify and discuss how organisations engage with employees from strategic, practical and behavioural perspectives. Describe and discuss the key activitie...9 pages/≈2475 words | 30 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Natoinal CultureDescription: Master's level Essay: Natoinal Culture...12 pages/≈3300 words | 12 Sources | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |