Analyse a current entrepreneur and his/her business venture Essay (Essay Sample)
Hi~ Could you help me write an essay about analysing a CURRENT entrepreneur who is a citizen from one of the following countries: New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, and Japan. The chosen entrepreneur must be the person who founded the business(es) (himself/herself or with the team), and currently still running/controlling the business(es) which was/were set up and is/are headquartered in the above countries? Thank you! (If there is anything may helpful, I will send to you later :)
Analyse a CURRENT entrepreneur who is a citizen from one of the following countries: New Zealand, Canada, Indonesia, and Japan. The chosen entrepreneur must be the person who founded the business(es) (himself/herself or with the team), and currently still running/controlling the business(es) which was/were set up and is/are headquartered in the above countries.
Report format with headings and sub-headings, 12 Times New Roman font, 1.5 spacing to be used. Critical analyses and reflection on relevant entrepreneurship theories required, not just a simple presentation of the entrepreneur’s biography.
• Cover page
✓Name, student ID, class day & time
• Background of the entrepreneur
✓ Discuss the background of the entrepreneur (i.e. history, development, family and socio-cultural background) to see what developed his/her entrepreneurial passion/propensity and contributed to this person’s entrepreneurial pathway/success (with reflection on/application of the relevant entrepreneurship theories).
• Entrepreneurial traits/characteristics
✓ Discuss the characteristics/traits of the entrepreneur (with reflection on/application of the relevant entrepreneurship theories).
• Opportunity recognition and idea development process
✓ Discuss the processes of opportunity recognition and idea development (with reflection on/application of the relevant entrepreneurship theories).
• Competitive advantages
✓ Discuss the type of business developed and the competitive advantage(s) of the business compared to competitors in the market (to be supported with relevant facts/figures/research where possible, with reflection on/application of relevant theories).
✓ Discuss future suggestions for the entrepreneur including different types of businesses or avenues (e.g. franchising, mergers, expanding/selling their business etc) he/she may take.
References (12 references required, among which at least 05 academic references needed; Harvard referencing style. All references used in the report MUST be in English). The cover and references are NOT counted in the word count.source..
Location of Institution
Entrepreneurship is a challenging prospect particularly in situations when the environment is less conducive for the individual. Masayoshi Son is one apparent case scenario whose entrepreneurial journey can be a worthwhile case study. Masayoshi is a Japanese of Korean descent who studied computer software in the United States (U.S.). Later, he returned to Japan to begin his popular company, Softbank, which was primarily meant to distribute software solutions. The group has expanded immensely to the extent of creating Softbank Vision Fund that has already raised $100 billion to invest in artificial intelligence (AI) solutions in every industry. The companies and national wealth funds backing this fund means that the entrepreneur has gained tremendous confidence among investors. His ability to recognize business opportunities since his time at school could be the reason that justifies his proficient in this discipline. Masayoshi Son is a Japanese who has succeeded in the creation of businesses and offers the audience an opportunity to comprehend the attributes of such a character.
Background of the Entrepreneur
In the entrepreneurial circles, Japan ranks highly considering its people’s contribution to the country’s prosperity. The Asian country has produced some of the most proficient, but few have been immigrants. Masayoshi Son enters this circle as he is of Korean origin meaning that his presence here deserves much recognition taking into account challenges that immigrants face in succeeding in a foreign country (Awotoye and Singh 2018). According to Son, his colleagues in grade school degraded the fact that he was Korean and threw stones at him (Perlberg, 2013). He even had to take the name Yasumoto so that he could fit into their Japanese environment.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Recommendations On The Need For Change. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: The introduction of the Swipe Card Debacle in the organization was not a bad idea. However, the process of impacting and implementing the change was wrong. It did not consider the effect of the switch on the employees (Smollan, 2015). ...3 pages/≈825 words | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- Entrepreneur analysis Business & Marketing Essay PaperDescription: Entrepreneurship is the activity of establishing a business by taking a financial risk in the hope of making profit (Fisher, 2012). Entrepreneurs are people who identify a business opportunity. They take calculated risks to venture into an income-generating activity. Entrepreneurs usually transform...4 pages/≈1100 words | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |
- My Future Individual Reflection And Plan. Business & Marketing EssayDescription: Human skills are very important in business performance. Most leaders appreciate the role that humans play as consumers and developers of innovation....6 pages/≈1650 words | Harvard | Business & Marketing | Essay |