Week 11 Discussion Response On The Historicism Era (Essay Sample)
answer these questions separately. using the attached sources.
1. Historicizing architectural modes continued to be utilized by architects between World War I and World War 2. How did architects active during this period interpret and adapt historic styles differently than (or similarly to) their predecessors? Cite examples to support your discussion.
2. Consider the various entries in the Chicago Tribune building competition. In your opinion, which of the designs best responds the ideals and conditions (social, economic, technological, etc.) of the era? Which responds best to the competition's directive?
WEEK 11 DISCUSSION RESPONSE
Date of Submission
During the historicism era, architects corresponded slightly differently to preceding styles. The growth of technology and academic prowess impacted on designs making the styles more academic and mechanical. Instead of the routinized boring designs in existence for centuries, the periods between world war 1 and 2 saw great development in functional planning. Nonetheless, Sullivan indicates that there are those governed by ideas and masters of the ideas. Hence, there are those that related to the old architectural concepts with slight modification as others diverted from past reasoning. Historicism bore new ideas that saw the rise of modern buildings unique in nature. Moreover, eclecticism usage integrated with modernism ideas made it possible to model new structures and use of new building materials. Roth acknowledges this by saying that the Chicago Tribune competition focusing on monu...
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- I have a dream Essays
- Emotional intelligence Essays
- Frankenstein Essays
- Holocaust Essays
- Language Essays
- Censorship Essays
- Mental illness Essays
- Water pollution Essays
- Child labor Essays
- Schizophrenia Essays
- Smoking Essays
- Manifest destiny Essays
- Trifles Essays
- Vietnam war Essays
- Ethics Essays
- Globalization Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to world war 2:
- Historical Drama: The Rise Of Hitler, Strength Of A RamDescription: The devastating economic situation of the European nations after the great war which was commonly referred to as the world war 1...12 pages/≈3300 words | 4 Sources | MLA | History | Essay |
- China's Birth Control: Social Structure Have Been Adverse After 1980's PolicyDescription: The China's birth control has been achieved through the implementation of the one-child policy....6 pages/≈1650 words | 6 Sources | MLA | Social Sciences | Research Paper |
- Movie Reflection On Schindlers List (Thomas Keneally)Description: Schindler’s List is an American movie that is based on Schindler’s Ark, a novel written by Thomas Keneally. ...4 pages/≈1100 words | No Sources | MLA | History | Movie Review |