Learning Assessment Regarding Stereotyping of American Indian (Essay Sample)
1. What were the 2-3 most effective articles for you?
2. What were the 2 most effective video clips for you?
3. What did you learn in this course?
LEARNING ASSESSMENT REGARDING STEREOTYPING OF AMERICAN INDIAN
Learning Assessment Regarding Stereotyping of American Indian
Stereotyping is a crucial social issue that is destructive. The initiation of the stereotyped image of the Indians is rooted in the history of America when ancient scholars aligned the Indian ancestors’ aggressive nature with their current appearance, comic brand imaging for higher sales and many other examples are present. In association, this essay highlights the outline of two articles and videos under the topic. Each review is followed by a recommendation to contribute to the prevention of stereotyping in modern society.
The effects of stereotyping have been seen on the Indians through several means. Many events have contributed to the promotion of the stereotyped image of Indians in the minds of Americans. For example, the Indians are images as uncivilized people in books, literature, media, etc. this issue requires concentration so that racial stereotyping can be prevented
Andare-Tasiwoopaapia and Adams-Campbelb (2016) demonstrated the practice of promotion of stereotyping of Native Americans through the children's literature in their article.
It has been observed that the innocent encounter of Americans with indigenous Indians in the country is showcased in children's Thanksgiving Day pictured books. This practice promotes the fact that Indians are an obstacle. Along with this, school children with different ethnic backgrounds are also victimized in this act. For example, the white American men are portrayed as "Hero" while the indigenous are highlighted with a savage type of personality in the picture. The children's literature is a rich source of knowledge distribution. This is the reason for intensified stereotyping induced in young minds. Consequently, a judgment regarding diverse ethnicity develops among children that result in conflicts later on.[Adare-Tasiwoopa ápi, Sierra, and Melissa Adams-Campbell. "Sanitizing “Indians” in America’s Thanksgiving story." International Journal of Qualitative Studies in Education 29, no. 5 (2016): 655-669.]
Children's literature is a powerful tool for shaping the future of a Nation. In association, this tool should be free from errors of biases, stereotyping and injustice. From the review of the articl
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Gun control Essays
- Abortion Essays
- Legalize marijuana Essays
- Learning styles Essays
- Same sex marriage Essays
- Animal right Essays
- Slavery Essays
- Teenage pregnancy Essays
- American dream Essays
- Immigration Essays
- Racism Essays
- Global warming Essays
- Religion Essays
- Gay marriage Essays
- Police brutality Essays
- Love Essays
You Might Also Like Other Topics Related to stereotyping:
- Stereotyping of Native Americans through Brand ImagesDescription: Details and analysis of assigned article one with page citations in one or two paragraphs. Details and analysis of article two with page citations in one or two paragraphs....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Chicago | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Images Of American Indian Women Writing AssignmentDescription: Introduction. What key points or themes were raised in the assigned readings? Details and analysis of assigned article one with page citations in one or two paragraphs....3 pages/≈825 words | No Sources | Chicago | Social Sciences | Essay |
- Business Innovative Solutions in the Workplace Description: The organizations which have progressed in today's era have one thing in common that they provide room for creativity and innovation in their business operations. ...9 pages/≈2475 words | 17 Sources | APA | Business & Marketing | Essay |